List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
I really struggle to believe we are getting a top 15 pick in anyway (though acknowledging this draft is different), I feel like this is all too good to be realistic but we’ll see
Yeah I can't see top 15 except that possible scenario, 2x 8 pick slides might be justifiable to get a former first round talent in?

And their 12 is still untouchable

I'm no draft expert. So I'll ask this. What players at or around pick 13 would benefit our best 22?

Freo need something worth while otherwise it will slow down our rebuild

Jaspa Fletcher and Ollie Hollands both played a role in the prelim last night. So it’s possible someone could come in and find a role outside the top 10.

Especially considering someone like Stanley came in and got a couple of games for us. There’s clearly a wing spot open - Darcy Wilson, Joel Freijah, Riley Hardeman, Caleb Windsor could all potentially find a best 22 spot.

Someone like James Leake as a third/fourth tall utility at either end. Into the 20s and 30s, guys like Jack Delean and Koen Sanchez could end up in our starting forward line.

Jaspa Fletcher and Ollie Hollands both played a role in the prelim last night. So it’s possible someone could come in and find a role outside the top 10.

Especially considering someone like Stanley came in and got a couple of games for us. There’s clearly a wing spot open - Darcy Wilson, Joel Freijah, Riley Hardeman, Caleb Windsor could all potentially find a best 22 spot.

Someone like James Leake as a third/fourth tall utility at either end. Into the 20s and 30s, guys like Jack Delean and Koen Sanchez could end up in our starting forward line.

what’s your thoughts on Charlie Edwards?

Yesterday Jake Waterman told the Eagles he was going seek a trade. Today he signed a 2 year extension with them. Lolwut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday Jake Waterman told the Eagles he was going seek a trade. Today he signed a 2 year extension with them. Lolwut.

“Just 24 hours after rejecting what his camp was told would be a final offer” lmfaooo wce caved

I'm no draft expert. So I'll ask this. What players at or around pick 13 would benefit our best 22?

Freo need something worth while otherwise it will slow down our rebuild

My take on this:

Firstly lets take a little bit of my ranking subjectivity out of it and take players around rank 13 in Twomey's Top 30 as the players for discussion, as his expectations are often the most accurate within 3 or 4 picks particularly in the Top 20. These players are:

13th Ranked - Ollie Murphy - 200cm Key Defender
14th Ranked - Caleb Windsor - 185cm Midfielder
15th Ranked - Darcy Wilson - 185cm Midfielder
16th Ranked - James Leake - 188cm Utility
17th Ranker - Riley Hardeman - 188cm Half Back /Wing

Of these:
  • James Leake is the one with the "highest upside" and the player who can have the most influence over a game in a short period of time; my feeling is that he could turn AFL games with his marking (he has a fantastic leap), goal kicking or rebound down back as a third tall or half back flank and maybe one day be even more than that.
  • Windsor, Wilson and Hardeman are the kinds of players that could one day play the role that Henry has been playing and as Chris25 has pointed out clearly fit a perceived gap in the team. In terms of offensive kicking skills I like Windsor the best (Windsor and Wilson are fast goal kickers, probably currently playing more centre midfield atm though), but in terms of explosiveness and breaking lines as well as intercept marking and positioning I like Hardeman probably best.
I think time and time again recruiters lose out by not picking the best player, so if it were my call of that lot I would go Leake over all the other players.

Liked the look of AoD in the colts GF today i believe he ran 10.9 in the hundred meters couple of weeks ago he’s seriously quick which is what we need on our wings, i wonder what pick we’ll need if we go down that path.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back