• No

Votes: 107 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So the club upgraded my wifes 3 game membership to a 6 game without telling me

This happen to anyone else?
On my instructions they gave me a six games GA membership for $100. I did it when details of memberships for 2023 came out about on 3/10/22. Good deal!

Last edited:
On my instructions they gave me a six games membership for $100. I did it when details of memberships for 2023 came out about on 3/10/22. Good deal!
A clear example of why membership figures are so bogus. Less than $17 a game for an adult? Anybody think the club is making money on that?

A clear example of why membership figures are so bogus. Less than $17 a game for an adult? Anybody think the club is making money on that?

What’s the matchday profit share like these days?

If the club needs each attendee to spend $50 on food/soft drink/booze to make $5(?), the business model of “I HOPE THIS TASTE MAKES THEM BUY A FULL MEMBERSHIP” is a decidedly hopeful one.

What’s the matchday profit share like these days?

If the club needs each attendee to spend $50 on food/soft drink/booze to make $5(?), the business model of “I HOPE THIS TASTE MAKES THEM BUY A FULL MEMBERSHIP” is a decidedly hopeful one.
After getting into the first 6 games at cost price

alRobp.gif

So the club upgraded my wifes 3 game membership to a 6 game without telling me

This happen to anyone else?
What's a 6 game membership?? I thought they only had 5 game memberships for country members, which has been a standard type membership for decades in the V/AFL

You can get a 6 game membership on the site but it’s showing $180.
My offer for 6 games @ $100 came via an email from the club. My 3 gamer from last year was increased to 6 games at the same price because I’m such a ‘good bloke’ & they like having me around!

Went to the club yesterday and renewed and spent Abit in the port store. Its the club that I will always support not necessarily the people who run the club.
Still a lot the club could do better for example I spent 1200 on memberships then a couple of hundred in the shop and got charged 50c for a bag carn 😂

Last edited:
Went to the club yesterday and renewed and spent Abit in the port store. Its the club that I will always support not necessarily the people who run the club.
Still a lot the club could do better for example I spent 1200 on memberships then a couple of hundred in the shop and got charged 50c for a bag carn 😂
You paid to polute the earth.

Do you get wafers with it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can get a 6 game membership on the site but it’s showing $180.
Ok it must be a new thing this year, or last year, as for a long time the reduced home games option been the 5 game country membership costing around $130-$150 over the last decade, or the 3 game membership between $90 and $100 the last decade.

Want to renew, but I think the head coach and president are dickheads. So much to like about port next season but they've got these turkeys in charge. Love port but not these numpties.

It's conflicting. What to do?

If not renewing means they leave quicker I'm for that but I really don't think they care what members want. The club answers to the AFL only, members are irrelevant to them.
That was obvious when Donuts responded to the "Sack Hinkley" sign, saying that he only respects the opinion of those who matter inside the club - or words to that effect. Any negativity is frowned upon, or completely ignored.

11 game general admission was $180 not that long ago?
2017 it was $190, then $200 in 2018, and $220 in 2019. 2023 it will be $230.

When we moved to AO in 2014 the club said it was the cheapest 11 game GA membership in the league and it was $175 and stayed that cost for 3 seasons. They wanted to maximise crowds at the new AO.

So a 31% increase over 9 years, or just over 3% compound increase is reasonable, when the 2014 starting price was cheap/good value.

Last edited:
Well, I have renewed. I am having trouble understanding people who promote us not renewing🥵
I have trouble understanding people throwing good money away to a regime who completely ignores you and treats you like s**t. Some people will argue that they give money to the club not the regime, but the reality is - this regime is the club and unless you snuff it out, it will remain that way.

I have trouble understanding people throwing good money away to a regime who completely ignores you and treats you like s**t. Some people will argue that they give money to the club not the regime, but the reality is - this regime is the club and unless you snuff it out, it will remain that way.
Because you supporter the club 👍

Back