Autopsy 2023 Rd 20 Blues beat flag favourites and move into the 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s been talked up as a second coming of Jesus - we found a way to reduce his impact tonight and it was mainly through physical pressure.
16 other clubs will take note.
He's still a 19 year old, second year player. I seem to recall people saying Weitering didn't like the physicality as a skinny second year player, don't hear any of that now.

Jesse Motlop….I wasn’t sure about you for a while. I apologise for having any doubts at all. Not that you care what I think. But regardless. My bad.

You’re EXACTLY what we need.
He's taking his football seriously now. I saw an interview with him where he said he has shelved his podcasting for now so that he can concentrate on improving his game. At 19, he is tracking beautifully.

Great tackle on someone 20+ cm taller and 20+ kg heavier than him.

Lots to choose from, but that was the worst umpiring decision of the night, for mine.

Lifted the arms up, braced for contact, chose to try and use his body weight to get free of his opponent.

Holding the ball every single day of the week.
You can't get a more blatant holding-the-ball free kick.
How can 4 umpires not see it?

Y'know this is a myth, right? He was mates with Jsos and Sos got him in as a junior to play some kick to kick etc with Carlton afl players. So he spent a season or so around the club and 'supported' Carlton because of it. He's never been an actual carlton fan.
You can support a team other than the one you play for. Kreuzer grew up a massive Collingwood supporter. Robbie Walls was a Melbourne supporter, as was Judd. Nick’s old man is a blues supporter, he just can’t show it. If you’re talking about Josh, you’re right… he’s never been a Carlton fan. Nick though…

This has been it. Sayers forcing Mathieson out, Cook standing behind Voss was the pivotal moment.
I wasn’t going to say it, but we’ve all known that the Mathieson family has been toxic within the club with Bruce treating the club like it was his toy. Almost Elliott like really in his decisions on how the club should be run. Remember that he was instrumental in Ratts getting put in the bin and the club grabbing “premiership” coach Malthouse.

Craig “quit” at the end of May. It took a couple of weeks to sort things out then things clicked and we’ve exploded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still a 19 year old, second year player. I seem to recall people saying Weitering didn't like the physicality as a skinny second year player, don't hear any of that now.
My 12 year old just said to me, dad this years no 1 draft pick Cadman has been a disaster, hasn't done a thing!! Made me laugh. Bit like trigger happy treatment of Mott's, Durdin etal.

Think I've posted it on here before but watching an interview with Roo's he said we are generally too hard on kids in years 1-4 and often not hard enough from years 4+. That is, it takes about 4 years to build an AFL player in terms of body, fitness, habits and behaviours around preparation, recovery etc.

If they havent built those traits by then (injury clearly impacts this) clubs put up with players for longer than they often should because of ability / potential.
(Fisher for mine fits this mould)

Motlop is really starting to understand and seemingly enjoy the pressure required across 4 quarters. Was v good last night.

Great tackle on someone 20+ cm taller and 20+ kg heavier than him.

Lots to choose from, but that was the worst umpiring decision of the night, for mine.

Lifted the arms up, braced for contact, chose to try and use his body weight to get free of his opponent.

Holding the ball every single day of the week.

You think he had prior opportunity?

On live viewing I thought htb but on replay I thought a ball up was the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He actually had to launch off the ground to make the tackle stick.

Loved it.
Should have been holding the ball. Cameron tried to fend him off and failed.

In Greece, it took me about 5 hours to watch the game due to constant VPN issues, but it was bloody worth it.

We came, we saw, we dominated. Congrats to the entire team on the win.

Sad news about Cerra hopefully, he's ok.
Not on Rhodes I hope

Worth every cent :laughv1: :laughv1: :laughv1:

AqldWY3CEAA0YbV.jpg
If Owies had done it, we could have gold coined it for him.

Then he wont cover the ground as well. Just needs to mature but what he's giving us now is very impressive.
He’s 72kg now. If he fills out naturally, he could easily put on 10kg and not lose any pace.

Had to return to the ‘G today. My son lost his wallet and it was waiting for collection. While I waited I took a deep sniff of the surrounds. It was still evident. I smelled triumph.
87k people and he got his wallet back.

Back