Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish. That doesn’t even make sense

Nothing about that would eliminate or protect from testing
Can confirm said process has been used , by someone close to our club
We aren’t the only ones with this
It’s widely used throughout the AFL
Players self report more than we ever hear of , it’s kept confidential mostly

Hmm, didn’t know this. Though he has ripped us a new one on AO many times, so not surprising haha

TBH most Melbourne fans are furious with this situation. If he was traded to another Victorian Club it would make this even worse; hence why I think Adelaide would the best fit for him if this disaster eventuates.

With your inability to not revert to insult the thing l am unsure on with left/right is which side of your brain was the one affected by the lobotomy

He wasn’t on an AFL list until 24, no denying his talent it was always his fitness

I don’t get what makes people just invent things to get attention

After all your fantasy make believe stuff about targets, you now confidently assert that McAdam was late into the system because he was lazy and unfit - without any evidence beyond the invented reason of his attitude

I know he has stated Adelaide Oval is his favourite ground to play on and loves Burgo.

If he is traded (the smoke is getting thicker) then I would not be shocked if he picked the Crows.

TBH most Melbourne fans are furious with this situation. If he was traded to another Victorian Club it would make this even worse; hence why I think Adelaide would the best fit for him if this disaster eventuates.

Furious at him or the Club?
Would love to have him racking up at A.O.

I don’t get what makes people just invent things to get attention

After all your fantasy make believe stuff about targets, you now confidently assert that McAdam was late into the system because he was lazy and unfit - without any evidence beyond the invented reason of his attitude
I’m not trying to get attention couldn’t care what on an online anonymous forum thinks
Happy to share what I get told , if you like Sanders I’m happy to pm you the source to prove it’s not bull

McAdam is my opinion only not many other reasons why

Still not convinced this isn’t all media build up. Trading a top 5 player in the comp who you’ve locked away for 7 years is ridiculous. Whatever attitude baggage he has he certainly hasn’t reflected it on the field yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is any substance to hope it wouldnt drag to the end of trade period like Gibbs, Tim
Kelly
Clubs seeing who’ll flinch first
Rip band aid off and get it done early like port with JHF

There’s a reason why he was drafted so late … his work rate and fitness
Talent only gets you so far

Going back to basics here

Imagine suggesting an absolute athletic freak was lazy and lack fitness. As if that body and those athletic traits just happened or could be maintained on the Stiffy Johncock diet

McAdam has high-level athletic traits, with a massive vertical leap, elite acceleration and fantastic agility. In 2015 when McAdam was invited to the draft combine, the forward equalled Nic Naitanui's running vertical jump, recording a whopping 102cm. His ability to fly high has been on show all year, coming agonisingly close to winning mark of the year for his effort against North Adelaide (see picture). Along with his vertical leap that enables McAdam to control the skies, the pacy forward can be equally as damaging at ground level. At the same draft combine, McAdam recorded 2.89 seconds in the 20m sprint, and 8.04 in the agility test, which would have won the sprint at the National Combine this year, and finished one hundredth of a second behind Izak Rankine in the agility. McAdam is a special talent in that way, and no doubt will cause plenty of headaches for opposition coaches in the future.”

I mean by this scale maybe Tony Modra was unfit too, despite also being carved out of granite and an athletic freak show.

Going back to basics here

Imagine suggesting an absolute athletic freak was lazy and lack fitness. As if that body and those athletic traits just happened or could be maintained on the Stiffy Johncock diet

“McAdam has high-level athletic traits, with a massive vertical leap, elite acceleration and fantastic agility. In 2015 when McAdam was invited to the draft combine, the forward equalled Nic Naitanui's running vertical jump, recording a whopping 102cm. His ability to fly high has been on show all year, coming agonisingly close to winning mark of the year for his effort against North Adelaide (see picture). Along with his vertical leap that enables McAdam to control the skies, the pacy forward can be equally as damaging at ground level. At the same draft combine, McAdam recorded 2.89 seconds in the 20m sprint, and 8.04 in the agility test, which would have won the sprint at the National Combine this year, and finished one hundredth of a second behind Izak Rankine in the agility. McAdam is a special talent in that way, and no doubt will cause plenty of headaches for opposition coaches in the future.”

I mean by this scale maybe Tony Modra was unfit too, despite also being carved out of granite and an athletic freak show.
Fair enough but why so late into the system ? That’s all I’m saying
The guys a freakish talent , we all can see that

My original reference to McAdam was he’s unhappy with Burgess fitness program yet Oliver played his best footy under him

I know what I’d prefer

Same warning signs people worried about when pre-premiership/Brownlow Dusty was the slightest of chances.
We're a fanbase that prefers soft spoken church boys to winning.

Let me be clear about this. If - and I say if - there is ANY chance we could get Oliver, and the club doesn't do EVERYTHING possible to make it happen, they should be sacked. ALL of them.
This is the sort of move that happens once in a generation. If we could get him to come here, it could set us up for actual success.
It probably won't happen, and may never have been a possibility. But we should be pushing to MAKE it happen. HARD.

Same warning signs people worried about when pre-premiership/Brownlow Dusty was the slightest of chances.
Excellent point. And to be fair, a lot thought Dusty at the time was more trouble than he may have been worth. Experience since has shown that that was so far wrong that we should never think like that again. Elite players = premierships. Manage the problems that come with it, don't try to have good boys and try to manage a premiership

Let me be clear about this. If - and I say if - there is ANY chance we could get Oliver, and the club doesn't do EVERYTHING possible to make it happen, they should be sacked. ALL of them.
This is the sort of move that happens once in a generation. If we could get him to come here, it could set us up for actual success.
It probably won't happen, and may never have been a possibility. But we should be pushing to MAKE it happen. HARD.
Happy for the club to have a crack.

If we believe he will elevate us into the top 4 then do it

If the club believe organic growth will see us making the top 4 without him then haha who am I kidding of course they believe in organic growth

My only real concern is do Melbourne pay some of his contract or will that be part of the trade price ie take on full contract for reduced pick price

I would also hope we do our due diligence and have clauses which don't leave us holding the ball

tl:dr get it done with care

Happy for the club to have a crack.

If we believe he will elevate us into the top 4 then do it

If the club believe organic growth will see us making the top 4 without him then haha who am I kidding of course they believe in organic growth

My only real concern is do Melbourne pay some of his contract or will that be part of the trade price ie take on full contract for reduced pick price

I would also hope we do our due diligence and have clauses which don't leave us holding the ball

tl:dr get it done with care
Wouldn’t at least the remainder of the original contract stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back