Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowling is equally capable as an outside mid and has frequently played in outside roles before - he’s also a goalkicker. Drop Chayce Jones for him. Or Sholl. Or have one less completely inflexible option in the side (this week we have found a way to select all of Laird, Crouch and Berry which is laughable). But I’m sure Nicksy is all for that change and is being overruled by all the other evil selectors right?
Sigh. After getting frustrated at post after post in every thread being some version of 'man shakes fist at sky yelling Nicks' that precludes any meaningful football discussion, I argued that not every single aspect of what has gone wrong can put down to one man. Which was predictably greeted with a deluge of 'man shakes fist at sky yelling Nicks'. Consider my expectations of this forum significantly tempered once again.

Sigh. After getting frustrated at post after post in every thread being some version of 'man shakes fist at sky yelling Nicks' that precludes any meaningful football discussion, I argued that not every single aspect of what has gone wrong can put down to one man. Which was predictably greeted with a deluge of 'man shakes fist at sky yelling Nicks'. Consider my expectations of this forum significantly tempered once again.

You seem to have little understanding of board accountability and executive function.

Instead of bemoaning the lack of recognition of your misunderstood genius, perhaps you might ponder why the buck doesn’t stop in the middle

After 5 years it is all on him.
No one gets selected against his wishes.
Those under him that fail, are his failures - that’s what it means to be in charge

And to be frank, as you seem a bit lost around these principles - can I suggest this book as a starting point? It won’t make up for a lack of experience, but it does an excellent job in outlining the principles involved

It also happens to be one of the finest books yet written on the subject

Andy Groves is the former CEO of intel, and this book is fantastic on the lines of accountability

As you’ll see even what isn’t Nicks’ fault, is still his fault. Particularly in year 5.

Anything he’s not happy about, it’s been his accountability to argue for change and to persuade in order to achieve that

You seem to have little understanding of board accountability and executive function.

Instead of bemoaning the lack of recognition of your misunderstood genius, perhaps you might ponder why the buck doesn’t stop in the middle

After 5 years it is all on him.
No one gets selected against his wishes.
Those under him that fail, are his failures - that’s what it means to be in charge

And to be frank, as you seem a bit lost around these principles - can I suggest this book as a starting point? It won’t make up for a lack of experience, but it does an excellent job in outlining the principles involved

It also happens to be one of the finest books yet written on the subject

Andy Groves is the former CEO of intel, and this book is fantastic on the lines of accountability

As you’ll see even what isn’t Nicks’ fault, is still his fault. Particularly in year 5.

Anything he’s not happy about, it’s been his accountability to argue for change and to persuade in order to achieve that
As much as I'd love to read that book, I think I'm busy doing literally anything else.

Meaningful football discussion? Is that what you’ve contributed? You raised some excuses yesterday, I countered them, you weren’t able to debate against them so stopped now your back whinging claiming “man shakes fist”.

This is a football forum discussing from supporters of a club that hasn’t made finals for 7 years and 5 under this coach who continues to make mistakes and shows he’s not up to it. See my opening paragraph. If that’s too much for you then what did you expect? We’d all be planning for the next chant night?

If this board is disappointing you, no one is forcing you to post here. You could even start a PM with like minded posters, you and Wayne will get on just fine

Meaningful football discussion? Is that what you’ve contributed? You raised some excuses yesterday, I countered them, you weren’t able to debate against them so stopped now your back whinging claiming “man shakes fist”.

This is a football forum discussing from supporters of a club that hasn’t made finals for 7 years and 5 under this coach who continues to make mistakes and shows he’s not up to it. See my opening paragraph. If that’s too much for you then what did you expect? We’d all be planning for the next chant night?

If this board is disappointing you, no one is forcing you to post here. You could even start a PM with like minded posters, you and Wayne will get on just fine
B-FGtJLIAAAq5VB.png

The team that lost to Port by 75 points in round 2 in it had:

Tex, Sloane, Lynch, Matt and Brad Crouch, O’Brien, Milera, Laird, Seedsman, Smith, Talia, Brown, Doedee, Murphy, Keays, Fogarty, Stengle, Kelly

That scoreline was with shortened quarters.

Similar side got thumped by Gold Coast the following week.

I could go on.

Sloane played 12 from 17 games.
Doedee played 9 from 17.

That side wasn’t good enough to play finals but it was better than bottom with a lot of beltings in shorter game time and lost 13 games in a row.
Captain Furious before you seek Linda, you never did address this post. Why don’t you give it a try and explain why this team copped these beatings, lost 13 in a row and finished bottom.

As much as I'd love to read that book, I think I'm busy doing literally anything else.

Yes, you do your research watching TV.

You want a football discussion but you don't provide evidence. You merely shot down all my rants and observational evidence as nothing more than some old man yelling, but fail to produce anything of your own. Anyone on here is happy to debate. But you need to provide evidence or at least sound logic. You can't just write off others opinions like you are some 'know it all' its highly condescending.

Come back to me with all the evidence you wish and I will sit here and we can discuss. No abuse just discuss. Its not hard.

You want a football discussion but you don't provide evidence. You merely shot down all my rants and observational evidence as nothing more than some old man yelling, but fail to produce anything of your own. Anyone on here is happy to debate. But you need to provide evidence or at least sound logic. You can't just write off others opinions like you are some 'know it all' its highly condescending.

Come back to me with all the evidence you wish and I will sit here and we can discuss. No abuse just discuss. Its not hard.
Was there a question in there? What do you want to discuss?

The Captains style is to make some points with a touch of smartarse, have those points refuted, try to build his argument, have its attempts refuted again. Give up defeated then turn its attention to whinging about posters and the board “oh why won’t they all just agree with me, this board and they will be happier”

The Captains style is to make some points with a touch of smartarse, have those points refuted, try to build his argument, have its attempts refuted again. Give up defeated then turn its attention to whinging about posters and the board “oh why won’t they all just agree with me, this board and they will be happier”
Do you get a weird meta feeling when you answer yourself?

Yes, we know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you get a weird meta feeling when you answer yourself?

Yes, we know.
So you are responding not just the posts where you know, you actually have to respond to football discussion. 2 times now I’ve given you the opportunity to do that by explaining why we finished bottom under Nicks by highlighting the team.

I also previously countered your other points which you skip over when you can’t respond.

It’s therefore a bit rich to complain about the quality of posting on this board.

If you’re not up to it, it’s ok, as I said seek Linda for like minded supporters with similar intelect.

So you are responding not just the posts where you know, you actually have to respond to football discussion. 2 times now I’ve given you the opportunity to do that by explaining why we finished bottom under Nicks by highlighting the team.

I also previously countered your other points which you skip over when you can’t respond.

It’s therefore a bit rich to complain about the quality of posting on this board.

If you’re not up to it, it’s ok, as I said seek Linda for like minded supporters with similar intelect.
You're not my real dad.

Classic. Is this deflection attempt no 6 or 8?

Here’s a tip, you’re not fooling anyone.

But perhaps get your dad on line instead, he might have the maturity to build an argument.
Buddy, take the hint. I find your repetitive dead horse flogging boring. You're not looking for someone to argue with, you're looking for someone to tell you you're right.

I don't want to talk about our Rd. 2 loss to Port five f***ing years ago. I really don't care. And I don't have to. Go away.

Buddy, take the hint. I find your repetitive dead horse flogging boring. You're not looking for someone to argue with, you're looking for someone to tell you you're right.

I don't want to talk about our Rd. 2 loss to Port five f***ing years ago. I really don't care. And I don't have to. Go away.
As I said not fooling anyone.

Inserts himself into the discussion with a lot of bluster, tries to mock posters by his compelling arguments. Arguments refuted “oh I’m bored” reverts to trying to mock posters without discussing football whilst complaining about lack of football discussion.

Seriously go get your dad.

That’s a lot of “I” for a grown up

So much of Nicks pressers seem to now consist of "When the time is right" statements, which seem to be his way of saying he doesn't want to do something without saying he doesn't want to do something.

Rachele getting more midfield? Time isn't right (and he's gotten even less this year that last)
New players being brought into the 22? Time isn't right for that yet.

Nice addition. We can't drop underperforming seniors because;

Invaluable experience
Non-statistical roles
Leadership
Running patterns
Continuity
Selection integrity
Different stage of their development
Shape
Time isn't right

It's quite a list of bull$hit reasons we've built to hide what is by now an exceedingly obvious overarching selection philosophy. It was obvious years ago, but even the casual observers are catching on.

Interestingly, I got an email yesterday letting me know that a distant relative of mine had died and left me quite a lot of cash and also substantial landed holdings. I wonder when the list will be complete and we'll have to cycle back to the beginning. I expect to be reading about a Nigerean Prince sometime next year.

Because, if you study Crouch closely, he has reverted back to the gamestyle that saw him racking up possessions in the SANFL ....and everyone here saying no AFL Club would take him

Do yourself a favor ....go and watch one of the first 2-3 games of his late 2023 season return ....and compare his movements to what he's putting up now ....chalk & cheese

Crouch is the one thing you're right about, but Laird is equally as valueless. Neither belong in a contending midfield the way they're currently playing.

Was there a question in there? What do you want to discuss?

seriously lol?

dude, you want to be taken seriously, complain at nauseum the board lets you down yet you play smart arse. The problem with this strategy is you need to actually be a smart arse. You have our whole discussion to play with. Pick any of my points to discuss. I will even ;et you have the chance to voice your point that you do not at all believe Nicks picks his own team due to the selection comittee. Go your hardest.

Crouch started alright but the back half of last season was better than what he's produced this year, which is no surprise considering he isn't in a contract year this year.

Laird's definitely been worse though.

Got his contract and reverted to meaningless stat padder within 2 or 3 rounds. We really have an embarrassment of riches when talking about our midfield. As long as the subject is which experienced bloke could we drop and be improved. I think the issue is Nix knows neither should be playing, but he can't drop both, Laird is undroppable and Crouch hasn't been as bad him. So he's stuck playing 2 useless stat ladders with zero defensive spread. But if he wants to wake them up, same with ROB, there's an opportunity every Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back