Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Captains style is to make some points with a touch of smartarse, have those points refuted, try to build his argument, have its attempts refuted again. Give up defeated then turn its attention to whinging about posters and the board “oh why won’t they all just agree with me, this board and they will be happier”

Got to say its irritating. This site is not hard. If you come here acting like a smart arse you at least need to be right.

Got to say its irritating. This site is not hard. If you come here acting like a smart arse you at least need to be right.
The Adelaide Crows Pride Facebook page is probably more his thing, where anyone who doesn't cup the club's balls immediately gets shouted down for being a Port fan.

The soft cap is another "equalization" measure that heavily punishes non-Victorian teams to prop up the s**t Victorian teams like St Kilda and North

Adelaide, West Coast and Fremantle should be in strong financial positions to outspend a St Kilda level club for the best coaching talent, but can't because of the soft cap.

Port Adelaide and Sydney would also be in a better position than those crappy clubs

Or do a Collingwood. Pay over the soft cap and cough up the AFL tax.

This is a really good point. The standard methodology of 3 years in the draft, then filling holes in free agency feels a bit outdated. It didn’t work for us, and maybe it’s just an old-tech approach in a new world order.

Sydney finished just above us in 2020, right down the bottom.

Since then they’ve drafted like crap, or at least nothing exciting: they got Gulden in 2020 who’s a star, but nothing else through the draft that makes a huge difference

They haven’t done anything crazy in free agency - though Grundy looks a nice pickup - and in fact losing Dawson should have hurt them more

So, how come they’re top and we’re… us.

Their super power seems to be development.

We berate, kick and suck the confidence out of our draftees every chance we get; whilst they are going great guns

Why? No idea.

But if you can’t develop, you can’t rebuild
One word: Academy

seriously lol?

dude, you want to be taken seriously, complain at nauseum the board lets you down yet you play smart arse. The problem with this strategy is you need to actually be a smart arse. You have our whole discussion to play with. Pick any of my points to discuss. I will even ;et you have the chance to voice your point that you do not at all believe Nicks picks his own team due to the selection comittee. Go your hardest.
Which account are you posting from now?

Sigh. After getting frustrated at post after post in every thread being some version of 'man shakes fist at sky yelling Nicks' that precludes any meaningful football discussion, I argued that not every single aspect of what has gone wrong can put down to one man. Which was predictably greeted with a deluge of 'man shakes fist at sky yelling Nicks'. Consider my expectations of this forum significantly tempered once again.

Love the open combination of ignorance and arrogance in this post. Never heard the quote, 'if you run into an arseh*le in the morning, you ran into an arseh*le. If you run into arseholes all day, you're the arseh*le'.

If you're getting frustrated post after post, any consideration to the possibility that your strongly held beliefs are just plain wrong?

Classic. Is this deflection attempt no 6 or 8?

Here’s a tip, you’re not fooling anyone.

But perhaps get your dad on line instead, he might have the maturity to build an argument.

I think he has reached the point where you are like WTF is wrong with him?

Its either expert trolling or dumb trolling. But neither is coming off particularly smart.

Love the open combination of ignorance and arrogance in this post. Never heard the quote, 'if you run into an a-hole in the morning, you ran into an a-hole. If you run into arseholes all day, you're the a-hole'.

If you're getting frustrated post after post, any consideration to the possibility that your strongly held beliefs are just plain wrong?
Take a breath buddy. This is all happening off time zone, so it’s just one person with 2 accounts. Sanders occasionally wanders in for comic relief. I don’t hold my opinions so tight, this game can make a fool of them real fast. But I also don’t have to change them because someone wants me to.

Moving on. Seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think Nicks is doing well (or even average), go see the video posted by the club of Nicks talking to the players about last weeks loss after the game, where he says he's so proud of them. It should tell you all you need to know. The guy is a loser, who is proud of losses. And the club is so happy with him they are posting it like it's something good.
Elite standards my ass
There’s things to get frustrated with, but a puff piece video ain’t one of them. No coach these days is tearing shreds off players. What do you want him to do there? Call them mentally weak for losing another close game?

Rachele said in his 5AA yesterday that they reviewed the last 5 minutes quite heavily and are aware of the mistakes made.

Carlton bottomed out 20 years ago. Nothing like a flag for them. St Kilda bottomed out multiple times and are nothing more than mediocre.

Richmond bottomed out and spent two decades trying to be something other than a joke - before becoming a great club, who now faces a challenging next decade.

Melbourne spent the best part of 15 years trying to be decent.

West Coasts are in a rebuild now. But let's the real - they've only had three seasons of less than 7 wins in 35 years. They didn't do a bottom out rebuild (until now) - they had a bad year.

Hawthorn is currently in a rebuild - did they do a rebuild the last time? They were doing at least 8 and 10 win seasons throughout the late 90s and 2000s. They had one single season with four wins - and received a priority pick that year and drafted Franklin and Roughhead. They were mostly good and when they had one bottom four season, they were vastly over compensated.

Bottoming out now doesn't get the same instant pop of priority picks it once did. The current rebuilding clubs - including us - face really big challenges. I'm not sure it's the best path forward.
Collingwood had one season in 2005 where they were shit and got a priority pick and gave them access to Thomas and Pendlebury. Before and after that they were a consistent finals team. The priority pick system back then was a complete joke and has setup teams like Hawthorn and Collingwood for the next couple of decades.

There’s things to get frustrated with, but a puff piece video ain’t one of them. No coach these days is tearing shreds off players. What do you want him to do there?
I saw one comment ask how can you be proud of them then criticise them for failing the game plan at pressers

''I'm proud of you for costing me my job '' ?

Last edited:
If you think Nicks is doing well (or even average), go see the video posted by the club of Nicks talking to the players about last weeks loss after the game, where he says he's so proud of them. It should tell you all you need to know. The guy is a loser, who is proud of losses. And the club is so happy with him they are posting it like it's something good.
Elite standards my ass
Better not look at Bucks then. No decent coach would ever say they proud of their team despite a loss I suppose.

We're still a young group but this was going to be the year that expectation went up a notch.

Fair to say we haven't coped with it very well.

Hard to see us getting much more experienced either given Tex and Smith will wind up in the next season or two. Both Laird and Crouch beyond this season?

Milera maybe done?

Are the coaches convinced that Jones, McHenry, Murphy, Sholl are long termers? If not we start over with draftees.

We need recruits. Mature age, free agents, trades, DFAs... whatever. List is out of balance and our current list has a number who either don't have the talent or do have talent but lack the coaches' faith.

Need to crank up the rumours thread.

We're still a young group but this was going to be the year that expectation went up a notch.

Hard to see us getting much more experienced either given Tex and Smith will wind up in the next season or two. Both Laird and Crouch beyond this season?

Milera maybe done?

Are the coaches convinced that Jones, McHenry, Murphy, Sholl are long termers? If not we start over with draftees.

We need recruits. Mature age, free agents, trades, DFAs... whatever. List is out of balance and our current list has a number who either don't have the talent or do have talent but lack the coaches' faith.

If we aren't bringing in good free agents and players the rebuild has been a complete fail.
Nicks I think is actively hurting the clubs brand.

Hayward. Expected to stay.
McCluggage. Expected to stay.
Lukosius. Contracted.
LDU. Contracted.
Perryman. Port favourites.

Appears we are striking out.

Milera maybe done?

Whats your age profile? Is Yeo realistic in your eyes or too old?

I have said ( for me ) 26 is the cutoff and 100+ games

Whats your age profile? Is Yeo realistic in your eyes or too old?

I have said ( for me ) 26 is the cutoff and 100+ games
I'm one of few who'd be okay with Elliot Yeo

The make up of our leadership group is completely uninspiring

It's a lot of money but no trade capital needed and only short term

I'm one of few who'd be okay with Elliot Yeo

The make up of our leadership group is completely uninspiring

It's a lot of money but no trade capital needed and only short term
Agreed. The reality is that we become a better team with him in our midfield and he’s the good kind of experienced player who has actually won a Premiership and other accolades throughout his career. The only reason why you wouldn’t do the deal is if it means that we otherwise can’t get an A grade mid who is 26 years of age or it severely hinders the development of a potential A grade mid who is already on our list… and let’s face it, we don’t really have one of those… and we already have lesser midfielders with can drop first anyhow. So meh. Why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back