Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have little understanding of board accountability and executive function.

Instead of bemoaning the lack of recognition of your misunderstood genius, perhaps you might ponder why the buck doesn’t stop in the middle

After 5 years it is all on him.
No one gets selected against his wishes.
Those under him that fail, are his failures - that’s what it means to be in charge

And to be frank, as you seem a bit lost around these principles - can I suggest this book as a starting point? It won’t make up for a lack of experience, but it does an excellent job in outlining the principles involved

It also happens to be one of the finest books yet written on the subject

Andy Groves is the former CEO of intel, and this book is fantastic on the lines of accountability

As you’ll see even what isn’t Nicks’ fault, is still his fault. Particularly in year 5.

Anything he’s not happy about, it’s been his accountability to argue for change and to persuade in order to achieve that

Poor bastard died at the age of 60.

Whats your age profile? Is Yeo realistic in your eyes or too old?

I have said ( for me ) 26 is the cutoff and 100+ games
I wouldn't set the bar at 26. I'd say 27-29 is what we need, on the basis of having just that little bit more experience. Anyone aged 30+ is definitely too old - anyone we recruit needs to have the potential to play 100+ games with the Crows.

Here's a list of players on our list, currently aged 25-29:
25 - Murphy, Hinge, Himmelberg
26 - Milera
27 - Dawson, Keays
28 - Burgess, Strachan, O'Brien
29 - Crouch

The only top quality player there is Dawson - with Crouch, Hinge, Keays, Milera & O'Brien in the next level down. Strachan, Burgess & Himmelberg aren't even in our best 22, and Murphy is borderline.

We're desperately lacking quality players in this whole age group.

Yeo is too old, too broken, and is nothing more than a Colin Young con job anyway.

Your opinions are being discussed and debated fairly, it's just most people don't agree with you.

You're making outlandish statements backed by no evidence, getting called out on it, then putting up a shield from criticism and deflecting by saying your critics are group thinkers (etc.), in the process calling them out.

It's not group think to believe our win against Carlton wasn't "boring" or that Rachele might actually be good or that Nicks' record doesn't deserve credit. And I certainly don't believe most people on here are easily pleased.
Everyone: The Earth is round

Wayne: pfft I don't subscribe to that group think

Agreed. The reality is that we become a better team with him in our midfield and he’s the good kind of experienced player who has actually won a Premiership and other accolades throughout his career. The only reason why you wouldn’t do the deal is if it means that we otherwise can’t get an A grade mid who is 26 years of age or it severely hinders the development of a potential A grade mid who is already on our list… and let’s face it, we don’t really have one of those… and we already have lesser midfielders with can drop first anyhow. So meh. Why not.
We don't have A grade mids on the list? What are Dawson, Rankine and Soligo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comments are pretty funny though. People have finally had enough.
I have pretty much stopped watching them as feel dumber for listening.

Watching dumb players is hard enough, but having dumb coaches is infuriating given he is going to cost us missing finals yet again.

It's a lot easier for a club to staff up their coaching team in Victoria.

Both SA teams' coaching staff look like rubbish.

Neither team can even get SA coaches like Rutten and Skipworth to return.
We could have got Rutten if we really wanted to. Was just a matter if annoying Burns by giving him a senior title.

We could have got Rutten if we really wanted to. Was just a matter if annoying Burns by giving him a senior title.
Nope

Richmond took him back as soon as Essendon sacked him.

Doubt he uproots his family to come to us if another Vic club, and one he worked at before wanted him.

That is the issue. There are about 40 assistant coaching jobs in Victoria. Anyone coming here to SA or WA didn't get one of those jobs.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope

Richmond took him back as soon as Essendon sacked him.

Doubt he uproots his family to come to us if another Vic club, and one he worked at before wanted him.

That is the issue. There are about 40 assistant coaching jobs in Victoria. Anyone coming here to SA or WA didn't get one of those jobs.

He was willing to come here as a senior assistant.

Coaches move all the time for opportunity.
True.

Move out of Victoria after the 10 clubs give no opportunities.

Like Scott Burns.

Even if we offered Truck Senior Assistant role look at the two opportunities.

Richmond - Familiarity. He was there before. No need to move house. Kids settled in school, wife in her job. Coaching under a three time Premiership coach in a well ran club with Gale as CEO and Balme in the Footy department.

Adelaide- Move kids out of school, wife find new job. Similar role to the Richmond one with an inexperienced coach struggling to win games. A club rebuilding every department, apart from the worst performing one in Hamish's group.

Which opportunity are you taking?

Bear in mind he just spent a few years at Essendon in similar, no actually better as Essendon played Finals under Truck.

As an aside, I wouldn't mind him as Head Coach when we sack Nicks....in 2026.

Probably a better Head Coach than Nicks.

We don't have A grade mids on the list? What are Dawson, Rankine and Soligo?
I was referring to the fact that we don’t really have too many A-Grade midfield prospects who he’d be taking time from… and while Dawson is A-Grade, Rankine is still functioning as a forward/midfielder, and Yeo would - for now at least - be an upgrade on Soligo and would take the pressure of him to be one of our key mids… plus, it means less Crouch (who has nonetheless been good this year) and no Laird in the centre. Surely that’s worth some of the abundant salary cap space that we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back