Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Assistant Coaches people here think are rubbish.

Ben Hart GWS midfield coach. One of the best midfields in the comp.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was referring to the fact that we don’t really have too many A-Grade midfield prospects who he’d be taking time from… and while Dawson is A-Grade, Rankine is still functioning as a forward/midfielder, and Yeo would - for now at least - be an upgrade on Soligo and would take the pressure of him to be one of our key mids… plus, it means less Crouch (who has nonetheless been good this year) and no Laird in the centre. Surely that’s worth some of the abundant salary cap space that we have.
McCluggage is who we should be throwing cash at.

Speaking of Assistant Coaches people here think are rubbish.

Ben Hart GWS midfield coach. One of the best midfields in the comp.

As a fan board we are really horrendous at bagging back ground people and assistant coaches without anymore than blind assumptions and conjecture about their role. It is embarrassing really. I think VB gets a bad rep based on his playing career. The idea of Sloane in the coaching box was blasted all because of the end of his career and some responses after the camp. Like it is something we need to be better at.

As a fan board we are really horrendous at bagging back ground people and assistant coaches without anymore than blind assumptions and conjecture about their role. It is embarrassing really. I think VB gets a bad rep based on his playing career. The idea of Sloane in the coaching box was blasted all because of the end of his career and some responses after the camp. Like it is something we need to be better at.
None of us can really judge how good an Assistant Coach is.

I know and yet we continue to think we do.
To be honest, if we only spoke about things that we actually know in the AFL 95% of this place wouldn't exist.

Footy media would be drastically cut down if all the clickbait rumours and speculation made to create discussion were stopped.

To be honest, if we only spoke about things that we actually know in the AFL 95% of this place wouldn't exist.

Footy media would be drastically cut down if all the clickbait rumours and speculation made to create discussion were stopped.

I get it, but we can cut down on the abuse.

Wayne is Captain Furious
gary coleman wtf GIF

Sure. And if getting Yeo prevents us from signing an elite mid who is 26/27 then we shouldn’t do that thing… but are we really in the mix to coax an elite midfielder in his prime to the club? Probably not. Sigh.
Would rather Luke Parker over Yeo.

Or neither.

Sure. And if getting Yeo prevents us from signing an elite mid who is 26/27 then we shouldn’t do that thing… but are we really in the mix to coax an elite midfielder in his prime to the club? Probably not. Sigh.
I'm sure if there is any elite mid who could be brought here we'd be getting them. I don't think the option really exists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone: The Earth is round

Wayne: pfft I don't subscribe to that group think
"
The Earth is an irregularly shaped ellipsoid.

While the Earth appears to be round when viewed from the vantage point of space, it is actually closer to an ellipsoid."

So looks like everyone and Wayne is wrong :D

There’s things to get frustrated with, but a puff piece video ain’t one of them. No coach these days is tearing shreds off players. What do you want him to do there? Call them mentally weak for losing another close game?

Rachele said in his 5AA yesterday that they reviewed the last 5 minutes quite heavily and are aware of the mistakes made.
Was it on the big screen at training?

What really stands out is how well resourced the football departments of those clubs are. Coaching in particular.

Look at the coaching groups for clubs like Collingwood and Sydney compared to ours. Ours looks like a state league club in comparison.
From what I’ve heard, we are well known for being very cheap when it comes to paying coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back