Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen.

I feel 3AW with Huddo or maybe Whatley where the best of the standard call.

My all time favourite that I will watch forever is the Dee’s radio.

Disappointed they didn’t let that run a bit longer though. They just played it on crunch time. Tom Morris at the end Blues win by 2 points. You can taste those salty tears through the sound.
His words at the end there.......I hate this song, I hate this song so much.................:D

The resilience of guys across the park playing through adversity.

Doc shoulder, Cripps nose, Weitering finger and then throat, Acres playing with the dodgy collarbone.

Vossy's must rev them up pretty good because they actually do run through brick walls

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Funny isn't it that Bolton was teaching them the importance of this during his time when they were young .. then the big Bopper comes in and cements it ..

I wonder about it too. I went to the Collingwood board after Round 23 last year, read through their autopsy/review thread (the content of which is pretty easy to imagine), and added my congratulations, wished them luck for the finals. No excuses, because the better team wins over 120 minutes.

Obviously not many of them paid much attention, but some commiserated (opposition posters tend to be taken at face value over there - a bit more so than here, I'd say). Yes, I said, it's disappointing, but these things are sent to try us... all of us. Really, it's about how you respond. (It might have been a bit hollow and trite at the time, but what else did we have?)

But this. Right here. THIS is responding. 4-0-1 over the last 6 weeks, with a percentage below 100? We have been clutch, in a range of venues, situations, and with different prizes, we have gotten it done.

I have pondered the bigger picture. If we do get there in 14 days against Collingwood, will it finally be their turn, after 113 years? Or will the weight of their own expectations crush them yet again? But having looked inside myself, I have realised that I can take it. But last night is testimony to the fact that footy transcends tribalism. Of course we're happy we won. But last night was a tremendous event for anyone who loves footy (even some Melbourne people).

On the Collingwood board, I have read personal accounts of people who attended the 1970, 1979 and 1981 Grand Finals, listening to our "dirge" of a song as they left the venue... those were hard yards, tough times, you wouldn't be human if you couldn't put yourself in their shoes. Maybe they have earned a Grand Final victory over us, as much as we have earned the right to turn the tables on them for last year. Either way - either way - bring it on.

I'm the first to congratulate another team when they win and I don't like to make excuses. I'm also generally pretty gracious in victory.

On the other hand though... **** Collingwood!

:cool:

Gorringe: noun. A tall and otherwise utterly useless footballer who possesses a secret gift for funny Carlton memes.
He does love the club.

Game was well umpired. Struggle to think of any howlers from the game. Maybe Motlop when he bounced the ball and was tackled. Clear free. Don’t usually say that when Williamson is up
Yep. Paid very few of the almost frees. Good finals umpiring.

They had a couple of marks that should have been paid, but also a few throws/incorrect disposals that were let go. Swings and roundabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to point out the heroes of our last few minutes.

Docherty x 2 - probably the biggest hero. The handball to Mots to put life back into us, and the courage and poise to take the mark, run and kick the ball to a 2 on 1 in our favour was brilliant.

Cerra x 2 - after we hit the lead, he got to a contest and held the ball in, then when Rivers kicked the ball, he smothered, made the next contest, tapped the ball out of the Demons possession into the path of De Koning who smashed it forward. Vital seconds wasted.

Hollands - that burst to mow down Hunter was the must make passage of that last minute. Potential game saver. Also the presentation for Weitering and the perfect pass to Docherty that set up that winning goal.

Cottrell - swept up that spillage, got it to Fog and allowed us to clear it up forward.

Weitering - the skill and leadership to bite off that cross corridor kick to Hollands.

Acres - nearly gave me a heart attack playing on and squeezing that goal through, but the run to be down there in the first place and the judgement to take that mark with his bung arm and in pain was inspirational.

We couldn't have done it without any of our guys but so many stood up when it counted.

And Pittonet won two crucial hit outs to advantage in that last minute as well.

I'm the first to congratulate another team when they win and I don't like to make excuses. I'm also generally pretty gracious in victory.

On the other hand though... **** Collingwood!

:cool:

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Last 20 seconds, Lever really botched it. $hat the bed and didn’t want to go hard for the ball. That’s two semi finals where he has absolutely stuffed it up in the dying moments.
He's not comfortable unless he can sit in a hole and take an intercept mark. Bit one dimensional.

Gorringe: noun. A tall and otherwise utterly useless footballer who possesses a secret gift for funny Carlton memes.
and the only ex-player whose name rhymes with that well known citrus fruit - with apologies to Spiro Kourkoumelis..........

Back