List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh so he's the guy that asks those "if your life was a novel, what would each chapter represent?" questions? not gunna lie, that's the least trustworthy guy in the recruitment process to me.
No, his job is to conduct normal interviews and look for reasons not to recruit a player to balance out the recruitment team, because a lot of recruiters get so fixated on certain players that they ignore any red-flags.

Doesn't mean they won't recruit the player, it's just to provide an opposing view for consideration.

It's quite interesting. It'll be in last year's draft thread, if you could be bothered taking a look.

He worked for Carlton last year, FYI. Was going to retire but got offered WCE(hates Nisbett, worked for them years ago) and a Melbourne club. Works as a contractor making psychological assessments and his whole gig is to find the negatives in a player and basically why a club shouldn't take them.

Posters have met him at Coates League games whilst scouting.

So as he's not working for Carlton this year, it's entirely possible that he is indeed working for Essendon.

Or North.

You can choose to believe it or not, but as far as ITKs on Bigfooty go, he appears the most legit.
Honestly, I take everything on this site with a grain of salt.

Personally, it's one thing for posters on here to say "we're leading the race for XXXX" or "word around the traps is XXXX is leaning towards this team". Those kind of indications could definitely come from people inside the organization that have received 2nd or 3rd part info.

Anyone claiming to have seen the exact details of a contract for a FA means they are one of maximum 10 people in the world with that info. If their first instinct is to then go on bigfooty and share it with a bunch of strangers for internet points, they'd be out of the industry in a heart beat.

But hey, that's just my opinion, eagles fans can believe whatever they want.

Personally, it's one thing for posters on here to say "we're leading the race for XXXX" or "word around the traps is XXXX is leaning towards this team". Those kind of indications could definitely come from people inside the organization that have received 2nd or 3rd part info.

Anyone claiming to have seen the exact details of a contract for a FA means they are one of maximum 10 people in the world with that info. If their first instinct is to then go on bigfooty and share it with a bunch of strangers for internet points, they'd be out of the industry in a heart beat.

Everything you've said is fair.

He's been very candid about retiring last year but got a good offer from a Melbourne club, so took it up and he's done after this draft.

Doubtful he really cares about his own future in the AFL industry at this point.

No, his job is to conduct normal interviews and look for reasons not to recruit a player to balance out the recruitment team, because a lot of recruiters get so fixated on certain players that they ignore any red-flags.

Doesn't mean they won't recruit the player, it's just to provide an opposing view for consideration.

It's quite interesting. It'll be in last year's draft thread, if you could be bothered taking a look.
yea, im sure he presents it in the best possible way. while he also posts itk stuff betraying the trust of people he works for (nah im just a contractor, lol) and provides psychoanalysis for. seems tops.

yea, im sure he presents it in the best possible way. while he also posts itk stuff betraying the trust of people he works for (nah im just a contractor, lol) and provides psychoanalysis for. seems tops.
But we don't know who he works for. The McKay comments is also the most detailed he's been on something.

May not work for either club and simply got info through a third-party.

It matters not anyway, we'll find out soon whether it's true or not.

But we don't know who he works for. The McKay comments is also the most detailed he's been on something.

South Park Wow GIF

We won't though.

If we get band 2, then this ITK will say "See? I told you all, it was gonna be band 2"

If we get band 1, then they'll say "See? The AFL used their secret herbs and spices to bump up the compo for Norf"

That's why it's so easy to throw this kind of stuff out, there's literally zero way to prove it true or false.

We won't though.

If we get band 2, then this ITK will say "See? I told you all, it was gonna be band 2"

If we get band 1, then they'll say "See? The AFL used their secret herbs and spices to bump up the compo for Norf"

That's why it's so easy to throw this kind of stuff out, there's literally zero way to prove it true or false.
Guess it's why salaries for all players should be made even, I guess. Not something the AFLPA is a fan of though.

Not that I personally care that much whether he triggers band 1 or not. Different story if GC won in the last round though ;)

Everything you've said is fair.

He's been very candid about retiring last year but got a good offer from a Melbourne club, so took it up and he's done after this draft.

Doubtful he really cares about his own future in the AFL industry at this point.
Is he your dad or just an alternate account? You feel the need to go around and defend his honour while reading out his resume like its the backstory of your favourite marvel character.

So not only does he leak exact details of what he is told professionally to show off to a bunch of losers online, he also meets them in real life at coates league games and brags to them that he's the profile on BF.

Either way, he sounds like an absolute ****en dropkick.

Is he your dad or just an alternate account? You feel the need to go around and defend his honour while reading out his resume like its the backstory of your favourite marvel character.

So not only does he leak exact details of what he is told professionally to show off to a bunch of losers online, he also meets them in real life at coates league games and brags to them that he's the profile on BF.

Either way, he sounds like an absolute *en dropkick.
Cool :thumbsu:

Guess it's why salaries for all players should be made even, I guess. Not something the AFLPA is a fan of though.

Not that I personally care that much whether he triggers band 1 or not. Different story if GC won in the last round though ;)
I think you mean salaries should be made public, which I 100% agree with. Funnily enough the AFLPA are a massive contributor to the equalisation issue in the league, players have wayyyyy too much power. If they want American style free agency, they should also allow clubs to trade them wherever they want if under contract. Also bin the idiotic salary cap floor.

But yeah, I don't know why any eagles fans would want North not to get band 1. It doesn't affect pick 1 and gives North better picks to offer if they did want to trade down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He worked for Carlton last year, FYI. Was going to retire but got offered WCE(hates Nisbett, worked for them years ago) and a Melbourne club. Works as a contractor making psychological assessments and his whole gig is to find the negatives in a player and basically why a club shouldn't take them.

So as he's not working for Carlton this year, it's entirely possible that he is indeed working for Essendon.

Or North.

You can choose to believe it or not, but as far as ITKs on Bigfooty go, he appears the most legit.

Err, Essendon don't even have 2 second round picks, I think he has fooled a lot of people on your board.

Or North.

How did you find this post to respond to?

Just a grain?...
1695501671561.png

He's not employed by the club, he's a private contractor. Can't talk specifics about what he's working on/club he's working with but he can talk about it once the draft's done and dusted.

Will be interesting what he says this time.

I was fairly dismissive of him last year until after he finished up. From memory, pretty much everything he said as an ITK came to fruition.

But at the end of the day, we're all just anonymous people on the internet :)

This bloke maybe legit. However how would some one who is employed as a contractor one how the afl determines compensation picks. There is a number of different factors and the clubs don’t understand it as well. I’m addition working as a contractor surely you are bound by some confidentiality agreement??

Or North.

I have no doubt he is legit as a talent spotter for a club but knowing one or two from other clubs their expertise ends well before contract discussions, these are private and need to know basis only. What I have noticed with a lot of the rumours in the off season in relation to recruiting (and there's been a few around us) is a lot (not all) of these types like to sit about and shoot the shit and you get a lot of "I was at the Sandy game chatting to a Dees scout and he reckons North are gonna get Sanders for free and they're pissed".

Unfortunately with trying to appear legit as an ITK it's better to be minimal with your info. He made a post on another forum that last week the Roos had the biggest offer in front of McKay, something I personally know is categorically impossible and as a result it throws any legitimacy into question.

One thing we do know is the media never let this type of thing slip by, we saw it with the Daniher deal where the whole lead up was how Essendon would convince Brisbane to ensure band 1. I'm sure if an organisation like the Essendon Bombers is leaking in a way that their free agency contract discussions are filtering out to somebody used purely as a contractor than you'd imagine Bombers mouthpiece Mitch Cleary would be champing at the bit to get that story out.

I have no doubt he is legit as a talent spotter for a club but knowing one or two from other clubs their expertise ends well before contract discussions, these are private and need to know basis only. What I have noticed with a lot of the rumours in the off season in relation to recruiting (and there's been a few around us) is a lot (not all) of these types like to sit about and shoot the s**t and you get a lot of "I was at the Sandy game chatting to a Dees scout and he reckons North are gonna get Sanders for free and they're pissed".

Unfortunately with trying to appear legit as an ITK it's better to be minimal with your info. He made a post on another forum that last week the Roos had the biggest offer in front of McKay, something I personally know is categorically impossible and as a result it throws any legitimacy into question.

One thing we do know is the media never let this type of thing slip by, we saw it with the Daniher deal where the whole lead up was how Essendon would convince Brisbane to ensure band 1. I'm sure if an organisation like the Essendon Bombers is leaking in a way that their free agency contract discussions are filtering out to somebody used purely as a contractor than you'd imagine Bombers mouthpiece Mitch Cleary would be champing at the bit to get that story out.
I was listening to an NBA podcast yesterday which was discussing the potential of a high profile player moving teams (Lillard). The term mentioned was the GMs in charge of list decisions were like sharks in the water as soon as they smelt any chance to better their team at the expense of another team and putting out lies via the media or just whispers around to influence decisions.

Made me think of the current conversations, via media leaks, around McKay whether that be Band 1 or a knee injury.

End of the day, the AFL know what the compo will look like, and when looking at what Laura Kane has put out there as a recommendation, you'd assume it's the assistance required to fill some list needs including some currency to get Stephens and a McKay replacement is what's being floated and no star level picks (meaning we're likely getting 2 via ours and band 1 compo).

I have no doubt he is legit as a talent spotter for a club but knowing one or two from other clubs their expertise ends well before contract discussions, these are private and need to know basis only. What I have noticed with a lot of the rumours in the off season in relation to recruiting (and there's been a few around us) is a lot (not all) of these types like to sit about and shoot the s**t and you get a lot of "I was at the Sandy game chatting to a Dees scout and he reckons North are gonna get Sanders for free and they're pissed".

I just like to post eyes.jpg. If it doesn't pan out I can then deny I ever meant anything by it. Works perfectly.

With the amount of talk thats been out there, and the rumoured numbers, I find it hard to believe that Rama would work with Essendon to get McKay down to band 2 compo.

That would be a big PR hit for his agency. Band 1 would be a huge advertisement.

So worked it out with Goldy and McKay leaving and retirements of Zeibell, Cunners and Hall we will lose 1056 games of experience. Add on an extra 400 for potential delistings if Perez, Spicer, Young, Bonar, Mahony, Turner and Howe are let go. This year we ranked 10th for experience at an average of 63 games and 14th for age at average of 24 years old. So there is a real likelihood we are ranked bottom 2 for these categories next year with Greenwood, Corr and Sheils our only 30 yo players. May be dependent on whether we are approved for additional list spots as part of the AFL assistance package however this wasn’t mentioned by Morris in his update yesterday as per this clip (https://spotify.link/Dav8tgF2kDb).

His twitter update also doesn’t have anything about us seeking additional list spots, but I think there’s potential that Howe and Turner survive another year to provide additional experience and standards on the list for training/development. If they stay we would lose the 5 retirees/free agents, the 5 delisted players mentioned above (in addition to Edwards) giving us 10 list spots (George comes off LTI list).

If we don’t get additional list spots that still allows us to bring in 9 players to meet the 44, which would be around 4-5 from either draft picks and players from trade/free agency. Already looks like we will get Zac Fisher and Dylan Stephens, and looks as though we are looking for another ruck, possibly Brynn Teakle which i like Even though it’s not a salary dump, I still like the idea of going after Nick Haynes to help with our age/experience demographic especially in the backline while Logue is out. Think he will be a great asset to help develop any key position draftees and support Dawson who may play alongside him and Corr until Logue is back. I would also look at Tyler Sellers and Ethan Phillips from the VFL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back