Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

A solid game from Moraes who spent more time on ball than he has for most of the season and responded by finding a stack of the footy. He ran all game and linked the play well with hands. His kicking was a bit of a lottery, some nice accurate passes and some sprayed.

Jagga "The Lone Ranger" Smith continues to play exceptional football in a team that routinely coughs up big losses. His defensive efforts were an improvement on last week, and his stoppage craft was as elite as always as he sliced through congestion with decisive and attacking intent. His kicking was his typical mixed bag, starting off with some nice spot up targets hit and then seeming to degenerate at the game went on.

Top WA draft prospect Bo Allan stepped back from playing senior WAFL into the Colts team this week and was given a chance to show what he can do. His power was simply too much to handle, and his direct attacking approach regularly set up his teammates for scoring opportunities.

Is it just me or does he look to have a bit of the Bont about him?

Looks awesome. Smooth mover, strong mark, burst speed and a nice left boot. Just barges his way through everyone.

Hi Guys, I dont know if you have a separate thread for MSD guys?

----

Jacob Blight is one that's played his way into the mid season draft conversation through his strong start to the season for Peel Thunder. Jacob's a big and mature key defender who's a solid aerialist and has a nice penetrating kick, although in this game we see him miss a few.

Hi Guys, I dont know if you have a separate thread for MSD guys?

----

Jacob Blight is one that's played his way into the mid season draft conversation through his strong start to the season for Peel Thunder. Jacob's a big and mature key defender who's a solid aerialist and has a nice penetrating kick, although in this game we see him miss a few.

I'm thinking this will be Norths first pick in the MSD. Though i am struggling to find a phantom thread on the MSD that is not run by North moderators. Blah.

Should be far more excitement for the mid season, top 6 picks look great to

Theirs a twitter share on the draft board about us looking at a fast half back flanker in s.a multiple times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Will Elliott - son of cricketer Matt - is still on our radar. He was spoken of as a potential MSD pick last year when we ended up getting Tucker, and is now getting a gig at VFL level with Coburg.

Was on Box Hill's list last year, didn't crack a game. Seems to be having a Brandon Ryan esque season at Coburg.
I'm all for looking at a KPF come MSD. They can take time so worth a look with minimal outlay.

I like the look of this kid but might not get past the Tigers.
Started the year well but hardly any goals in the last 3-4 weeks. I like Noah Howes from SA from the little I have seen and read he had a lot of injuries but is a hulking figure already at 18 good hands good kick could really have upside. Could be a good partner for Dear as the stronger body allowing Dear to be the more athletic leaping type.

We hit pay dirt with Newc in the MSD but the percentages aren’t high , I remember Callow was being talked up every bit as much as the guys in the frame at the moment, and he was a good build and a good mark as it turned out but had the turning circle and the agility of a Russian Antonov on the tarmac. Most of these guys didn’t get picked up for a very good reason .

I'm all for looking at a KPF come MSD. They can take time so worth a look with minimal outlay.

Key position players seem to have less success rate when taken in the MSD.

Off the top of my head the biggest success stories are all mids and half backs.

Cooper Sharman and Ryan Gardner are probably the closest you get to talls who have made a career out of it.

Cooper Sharman and Ryan Gardner are probably the closest you get to talls who have made a career out of it.
I was going to post this. I wonder why only midfielders from the MSD seem to be successful.

Fair point. I'd still be prepared to roll the dice on a KPP (KPF preferred) rather than a mid. One of them has to come good at some point.

Started the year well but hardly any goals in the last 3-4 weeks. I like Noah Howes from SA from the little I have seen and read he had a lot of injuries but is a hulking figure already at 18 good hands good kick could really have upside. Could be a good partner for Dear as the stronger body allowing Dear to be the more athletic leaping type.
I like him also. Playing for a pretty ordinary side and still hitting the scoreboard. With Mitch Lewis injury concerns, think a big hulking key forward would be perfect for us.
We have the smalls to get under his feet so he only needs to compete

Remove this Banner Ad

Back