No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

4 months into the reign of Dillon. 27 days until Round 0/1/Opening Round.

I was told there would be renewed efforts in NSW/QLD.

vincent GIF

The AFL is set to capitalise on the NRL’s foray into the US with sellout crowds expected at multiple games in Sydney and Queensland for the AFL’s opening round.
Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V’landys’ decision to start the NRL season in Las Vegas left the door open for the AFL to sneak into enemy territory, an opportunity the country’s biggest football code is not wasting, judging by early crowd estimations.
Some 115,000 fans are anticipated to pour through the turnstiles in the AFL’s non-traditional markets for the start of the premiership season, in an vindication of the competition’s controversial call to launch 2024 exclusively in the northern states.

The ad
The advertisements the NRL made for America are a joke. Emphasising no pads, no helmets and big hits. They realise that's a huge issue in the NFL and currently frowned upon right? Deaths by concussion and that sort of thing.

Awful.

And of course it is not just footballers who made the upper echelon. There would be heaps of former suburban and country footballers in the same boat.

I grew up loving boxing almost as much as cricket and footy but have long held the view it should be banned.

Awful.

And of course it is not just footballers who made the upper echelon. There would be heaps of former suburban and country footballers in the same boat.

I grew up loving boxing almost as much as cricket and footy but have long held the view it should be banned.
Yeah, it's definitely a brutal sport. Not even that entertaining anymore even though I liked watching Tyson fight way back when.

If he takes Jamarra with him then Freo won't need McDonald.
We do not have space for both Jamara & Logan. Both similar types. Jamara might have thx talent but I look at that ectomorphic body shape is prone to injury. Take the example of George Lakes, he was a very similar shape. Ended his career with an ACL. In those days you could not fix them. Yet his brother was an Endomorph & hardly missed a game. By the way Kouta had a similar frame to Jamara & look what happened to him. Could hardly get on the part over about 25.

I think I would rather take a chance on Logan's Mesomorphic frame. I think Logan, Joel & Mac Truck are going to be The Three Torturers this year, as they torture other team's defences. They were good once Bud left. The thing is, the forward structure was so built around Bud I thought first Tippett suffered from it, then our developing forwards, especially Logan & Wil. This will be the first preseason without Bud in over 10 years. Time for these guys now. Time for Heens, Wil, Paps & maybe Parkse

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those helmets don't help. In fact there was a spare of Helmet Death some years ago. Helmet Death is a syndrome they discovered after the series of deaths. It is where a player gets hit front on in the head. His head goes back & the helmet was snapping the spine in the neck. A whiplash effect. I think they have adjusted the helmet and padding or something.

There is a huge issue with brain injury in NFL. Massive, because the payouts in the USA are incredibly high.

Really interesting article (not paywalled) by the Mongrel about what clubs would be hoping to get out of the preseason. We'll worth a read as it's very perceptive. The one that struck me was that Brisbane was really poor at tackling right through the year and that they would have been working on it and hoping to see improvement. Ours is interesting too but not surprising.

Really interesting article (not paywalled) by the Mongrel about what clubs would be hoping to get out of the preseason. We'll worth a read as it's very perceptive. The one that struck me was that Brisbane was really poor at tackling right through the year and that they would have been working on it and hoping to see improvement. Ours is interesting too but not surprising.

First sentence put me right off. But the rest was fair enough, Horse & co are going to expect big increases in our clearance stats this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First sentence put me right off. But the rest was fair enough, Horse & co are going to expect big increases in our clearance stats this year.
So many journos can't get past that and ignore the games that the Crows lost from a strong position. Annoying.
I hope we take a much more positive approach to stoppages. Reckon we have the cattle.

So many journos can't get past that and ignore the games that the Crows lost from a strong position. Annoying.
I hope we take a much more positive approach to stoppages. Reckon we have the cattle.
I'm still not sure how the team or the Swans in general are to blame for playing the whistle. None of our actions had any impact on the umpires decision. None.

Wouldn't it be a fine thing to see both the Swans & short people play finals, especially in the last 2 weeks of the season. I wonder what the AFL would do if they both made The Granny? The apoplexy at headquarters would be wonderful to see. We will never see Academies again. They will Ban them. Both teams would get barred from drafting & trading for the next ten years as we go on to win 10 between us haha. They will Banus from travelling over the border so we can only win home games & games in Adelaide, Perth & Brizzie. WE STILL MAKE FINALS HAHA.

Reading about Nathan Murphy's concussion history and his desire to get back out there makes me fear for the young man.

Supposedly the Tarryn Thomas matter is resolved one way or tother this week.

iirc there was little debate here when details emerged about what Elijah Taylor had done.

had a squizz at the nmfc Board. To their credit most lol Norfies are not sympathetic to Thomas. A minority are and it is clear there are a lot of blokes who have Jurassic era views of women.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back