Team Mgmt. 2024 Back Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the forward line thread, bringing this back. 10th in terms of goals/inside 50, 15th in scores/inside 50, 4th least accurate. So we're pushing them high and outside whilst conceding scores.

So how will we work Ridley and Reid in over coming weeks?

My guess is that whichever returns first will replace Lav and play as the second tall.

After that it gets interesting…..Acknowledging he’s been good, I’d be inclined to “rest” Heppell but the easier path is to push Martin up field and get rid of say Hind or Hobbs. Suspect the latter is what will happen.

My guess is that whichever returns first will replace Lav and play as the second tall.

After that it gets interesting…..Acknowledging he’s been good, I’d be inclined to “rest” Heppell but the easier path is to push Martin up field and get rid of say Hind or Hobbs. Suspect the latter is what will happen.

Sounds sort of right. If Reid holds form in the VFL he puts pressure on Lav for sure and I suspect that Marto will play a bit more up the ground or even forward.

Sounds sort of right. If Reid holds form in the VFL he puts pressure on Lav for sure and I suspect that Marto will play a bit more up the ground or even forward.
Reid's kicking would certainly reduce the dependence on Martin out of defense.

I reckon Reid is viewed as best 22 when healthy. He played round 1, Lav didn’t. Lav came in when Reid got injured. Give him 2-3 weeks and I think he takes his spot tbh.

Hope Ridley is good to go v Carlton. He’s our best match up for Curnow. Prefer him playing a less accountable role generally but I’d make an exception for this game.

My ideal back 6 (7) is;

B. McGrath - McKay - Ridley

Hi. Martin - Reid - Redman (Heppel or Cox as the 7th defender)

Leaves Jake Kelly, Jayden Laverne, Nick Hind as depth)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back