Official Club Stuff 2024 Club Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't expect it to be a Thursday night

And surprised the blues lost the last 2 games

Theyre expecting 60 but i would be surprised if it nudges closer to 64-65k with a decent walk up crowd given the interest in the game, ample gen admin seating meaning no need for reserved seats and the good weather forecast today

Essendon are hopeful of a 6 (Marvel) / 5 (MCG) deal from 2025. That’s an additional MCG game, as per what the Blues are chasing.

The think that is fair. What I think the afl should do moving forward with the mcg marvel spilt should look something like this in 2029 when the Tassie side comes into the afl

Collingwood and Richmond play 9 home games at the mcg and 2 at marvel

Melbourne play 9 games at the mcg and 2 in Alice Springs

Essendon, Carlton and hawthorn play 7 home games at the mcg and 4 at marvel

st.kilda play 11 home games at marvel

Bulldogs 9 home games at marvel and 2 in Ballarat.

North play 9 home games in marvel and 2 in regional Victoria either Bendigo or Albury/Wodonga.

Just need to get Melbourne out of the G and ESS and Blues can have their homes games there. Too bad the AFL does own the G. Then you could have Pies, Tiges, Blues and Dons at the G, give Hawks and Melb the doggy split between G and Marvel and the rest at Marvel.

If the afl move Melbourne to marvel the club will be extinct. They have the most MCC members with around 20%. Plus the mcg has always been there home ground. Their crowds have been pretty good. They are not as big as the big 4 but in the last couple of years they have been Ave around 30,000 of there own fans to there home games at the mcg and when they play as the home team on Anzac eve or kings bday the demon faithful can push towards around the 40,000 mark. Melbourne leaving the mcg will NEVER happen nor should it.

How are they tracking to last year?
Numbers haven't been updated for a week but are tracking very similarly.
TBH, after two straight sets exits and the off-season we had, I was expecting to see a drop off on last year. Hopefully form stays well and we can get to 70K again.

Carlton 23rd May - 102,017
Caine Liddle deserves some credit for leaning in with that risky, but ultimately highly successful loss / leader membership campaign about 3-4 years ago for the terrific tally today. He ‘sold’ thousands of those packages attached to actual members packages in the hope they’d out their hand in their pockets and pay the following year(s).

Fortunately, the on field firm spiked at the right time and it worked a treat. And the form of the team has done the rest.

Liddle got Little(!!!) credit for his great financial ‘gift’ to the clubs financial fortunes. He deserved to be called out for this great bit of work though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't recall - what was it?
I can’t recall the specifics but my recollection was that it was a promo that ran in about 2021 (?) that a new member who signed up received an additional ‘free’ membership to give to a Blues fan non member (friend / family member).

It worked very successfully from memory with a high take up the following year (renewing / paying for it).

I can’t recall the specifics but my recollection was that it was a promo that ran in about 2021 (?) that a new member who signed up received an additional ‘free’ membership to give to a Blues fan non member (friend / family member).

It worked very successfully from memory with a high take up the following year (renewing / paying for it).

While some clubs offered credits, refunds, upgrades and signed jumpers, the Blues went down a unique path.

“We wondered how we could turn this crisis into an opportunity by trying to set ourselves up for future years and where we landed was trying to offer everyone a portion of the value of their membership back by providing them with a complimentary 2021 membership,” Liddle said.

“The only condition was it has to be given to a friend or family member who wasn’t already a club member, with a view that we would back ourselves to engage with them through that process and convert them the following year. It’s the age-old question, what is a lead worth?”

Every Carlton member who left money with the club in 2020 was given the opportunity to provide a general admission membership in 2021 for free to give to another Blues fan, as long as that member also renewed in 2021.

Liddle was optimistic that the strategy would net them 10,000 new members for 2022.

Got my Essendon AFLW renewal email on Tuesday. Time flies. Was shocked by the cost until I remembered I got my niece and nephew a membership each last year and they were all bundled into the one invoice - they’re still an excellent value membership.

Did we end up getting figures for the 2023 season? I don’t recall seeing any press releases apart from Geelong and Hawthorn breaking their records.

Got my Essendon AFLW renewal email on Tuesday. Time flies. Was shocked by the cost until I remembered I got my niece and nephew a membership each last year and they were all bundled into the one invoice - they’re still an excellent value membership.

Did we end up getting figures for the 2023 season? I don’t recall seeing any press releases apart from Geelong and Hawthorn breaking their records.
I wondered the same. I never saw anything released. I could’ve even find them in the AFL annual reports. I assume their figures are contained / centralised in the announced men’s figures and clubs call them out if they’re getting growth from this category.

I wondered the same. I never saw anything released. I could’ve even find them in the AFL annual reports. I assume their figures are contained / centralised in the announced men’s figures and clubs call them out if they’re getting growth from this category.

wereent released separately last year. some individual club announcements but not enough for me to bother tracking at this stage.

Club record 35,127 members so far

Luckily GWS also has a number of wealthy Sydney high flyers behind them as well so their future is certainly looking much brighter than a few years back = onwards and upwards!

Ongoing on field success is of course also essential to keep the the ball rolling.

Last couple of years the cut off date has been 31st August.
Imagine Sydney had a much larger decent footy and cricket ground with a retractable roof to protect against vile weather and climate change. … Build it in the middle of Randwick racecourse which would also get a retractable roof to protect against meeting cancellations.

The stadium should not be a trad sports ground but a mind bending upgrade on the newly opened Dolan Sphere in Las Vegas.

The Sphere cost $2.0b US. Probably $3.0b+ here. It would the primo sports and entertainment complex in Oz and internationally as famed as the Opera House.

So who pays public/private/Randwick/AFL/CA.

Build it and they will come.

Imagine Sydney had a much larger decent footy and cricket ground with a retractable roof to protect against vile weather and climate change. … Build it in the middle of Randwick racecourse which would also get a retractable roof to protect against meeting cancellations.

The stadium should not be a trad sports ground but a mind bending upgrade on the newly opened Dolan Sphere in Las Vegas.

The Sphere cost $2.0b US. Probably $3.0b+ here. It would the primo sports and entertainment complex in Oz and internationally as famed as the Opera House.

So who pays public/private/Randwick/AFL/CA.

Build it and they will come.
A total wate of money in Sydney as the NSW sporting public are much differernt to the rest of the nation and really only turn up in large numbers to so called "sporting events"!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back