List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you been out in the sun or something?

Well I suppose the Lions are finally playing the Eagles at Optus for the first time. Six years in a row wow.

But jokes aside there is no way the Lion's dont make finals. Will be far too good at home to fall far.

Briztoon has no time for grand finals, just draft picks

It’s much worse at private school footy, than in the Talent League.

There’s supposed to be a “no tagging” rule in the Talent League, but in APS it’s pretty much anything goes, hard tag, scragging, etc.

They also have anti congestion rules right? I remember officiating a couple academy game years ago which did those and jeez it was a pain to manage. Grumpy me and grumpy players being yelled at every stoppage to have three behind the half way mark and one in the fifty.

Briztoon has no time for grand finals, just draft picks

Briz loves his draft picks THAT's for sure.

But it's really hard for him to get too excited because at the Lion's the early picks get traded for players and the rest get traded out into points for academy kids which he already knows all about. Chances are he's already got their autographs and everything.;) :cool:

Must be why he spends so much time on the Eagles board pointing out all the challenges that lay ahead for us as a rebuilding club.

Briz loves his draft picks THAT's for sure.

But it's really hard for him to get too excited because at the Lion's the early picks get traded for players and the rest get traded out into points for academy kids which he already knows all about. Chances are he's already got their autographs and everything.;) :cool:

Must be why he spends so much time on the Eagles board pointing out all the challenges that lay ahead for us as a rebuilding club.
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

When you’ve only played in one on 20 years I guess is it any wonder?

The sad thing is it's impossible to know if you're joking with us or taking out jokes deadly serious.

Small sample size, but they are some low tackle numbers. Is it a junior thing, are they recorded differently?
3 players laid 5 tackles looking at the team stats, otherwise it was a lot of 1 or 2 tackles for many players.

I hazard a guess that the anti congestion rules contribute to lower tackle counts.

Plus reading about the game, it was a very one sided game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the shackles unleashed this week Levi showed us what we'd been expecting to see from him this season. Hard running, prolific ball winning and an attacking mindset focused on driving the ball forward for his team.

What a talent

With the shackles unleashed this week Levi showed us what we'd been expecting to see from him this season. Hard running, prolific ball winning and an attacking mindset focused on driving the ball forward for his team.

Can we get a Sam Marshall when you get a chance please.

I liked the look of 12 Sam Marshall game Talant League round 2 in below clip
Looks pretty good in the highlight reel.
Different to Levi but i like his movement and looks a bit heavier and is taller.
I believe he is in out academy so that is good.

#24 Sam Marshall (Sandringham Dragons/Lions Academy/Queensland)
Midfielder | 19/01/2006 | 185cm | 78kg

Marshall is another bottom-ager who did enough to crack two games in the Allies’ stacked squad, and he more than held his own. Rotating between the wing and centre bounces, the Lions Academy member racked up 19 and 18 touches in games two and three, arguably producing his best form on debut against Western Australia. He recently also turned out for the first time with Sandringham and the Lions VFL side, pointing towards a bright future for the hard-working accumulator.

I liked the look of 12 Sam Marshall game Talant League round 2 in below clip
Looks pretty good in the highlight reel.
Different to Levi but i like his movement and looks a bit heavier and is taller.
I believe he is in out academy so that is good.

#24 Sam Marshall (Sandringham Dragons/Lions Academy/Queensland)
Midfielder | 19/01/2006 | 185cm | 78kg

Marshall is another bottom-ager who did enough to crack two games in the Allies’ stacked squad, and he more than held his own. Rotating between the wing and centre bounces, the Lions Academy member racked up 19 and 18 touches in games two and three, arguably producing his best form on debut against Western Australia. He recently also turned out for the first time with Sandringham and the Lions VFL side, pointing towards a bright future for the hard-working accumulator.

Thanks for posting. He looks a good size and with long arms. Probably not going to be a big body mid fielder. Looks more a rangy type.

My main takeaway from the Marshall highlights is that he needs more physicality in his game. He does not hunt and attack the ball as much as I want to see in an inside mid (or any mid really) and he gets knocked around too easily.

He plays within his capabilities with his kicks not going for much. Hands seem relatively okay but as mentioned this is tempered by him not being very strong over the ball. Not treacle slow but he is not very quick. When I was watching I was thinking his pace was maybe better than I was expecting but then I realised he was not going away from anyone and in fact most were able to close him down. Probably enough pace to be serviceable though.

I wouldn't want to pay a first rounder based on those highlights but he would be a solid enough get in the second round.

My main takeaway from the Marshall highlights is that he needs more physicality in his game. He does not hunt and attack the ball as much as I want to see in an inside mid (or any mid really) and he gets knocked around too easily.

He plays within his capabilities with his kicks not going for much. Hands seem relatively okay but as mentioned this is tempered by him not being very strong over the ball. Not treacle slow but he is not very quick. When I was watching I was thinking his pace was maybe better than I was expecting but then I realised he was not going away from anyone and in fact most were able to close him down. Probably enough pace to be serviceable though.

I wouldn't want to pay a first rounder based on those highlights but he would be a solid enough get in the second round.
Waiting for this year’s videos for Marshall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back