2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

The ladder according to my 8 year old cousin.

WLD%
1.Geelong2300193.7%
2.Sydney1850105.6%
3.Essendon1751106.3%
4.GWS1571106.9%
5.Richmond1490108.7%
6.Melbourne12101108.1%
7.Port Adelaide1210197.9%
8.West Coast1211093.3%
9.Brisbane Lions1011299.8%
10.Fremantle1112095.3%
11.Carlton913192.4%
12.Gold Coast9140100.7%
13.Collingwood813292.3%
14.Adelaide914092.3%
15.Western Bulldogs914089.3%
16.North Melbourne518086.4%
17.St Kilda518085.4%
18.Hawthorn418179.7%
QF1: GEELONG v GWS
QF2: Sydney v ESSENDON
EF1: RICHMOND v West Coast
EF2: MELBOURNE v Port Adelaide

SF1: GWS v RICHMOND
SF2: Sydney v MELBOURNE

PF1: GEELONG v Melbourne
PF2: Essendon v RICHMOND

GF: GEELONG v Richmond

The ladder according to my 6 year old cousin.
WLD%
1.Richmond2030182.5%
2.Melbourne1760138.4%
3.Geelong1760128.4%
4.Essendon1670130.6%
5.Collingwood1580128.9%
6.West Coast1481119.5%
7.Hawthorn1490119.5%
8.Brisbane Lions13100115.2%
9.Sydney12101101.2%
10.Adelaide11120101.9%
11.Western Bulldogs1112098.0%
12.Gold Coast1112095.4%
13.GWS613479.4%
14.Carlton515370.2%
15.North Melbourne617072.7%
16.Fremantle316467.1%
17.St Kilda417265.6%
18.Port Adelaide317364.9%
QF1: RICHMOND v Essendon
QF2: MELBOURNE v Geelong
EF1: COLLINGWOOD v Brisbane Lions
EF2: WEST COAST v Hawthorn

SF1: ESSENDON v Collingwood
SF2: GEELONG v West Coast

PF1: RICHMOND v Geelong
PF2: MELBOURNE v Essendon

GF: Richmond v MELBOURNE

Syndey v Carlton GF looks like the go atm.

We’ll probs be bottom 4 but not sure where yet since we haven’t played the other bottom 4 contenders. Our draw has been difficult and we have Syndey next week so that’s another loss

The ladder according to my 8 year old cousin.

WLD%
1.Geelong2300193.7%
2.Sydney1850105.6%
3.Essendon1751106.3%
4.GWS1571106.9%
5.Richmond1490108.7%
6.Melbourne12101108.1%
7.Port Adelaide1210197.9%
8.West Coast1211093.3%
9.Brisbane Lions1011299.8%
10.Fremantle1112095.3%
11.Carlton913192.4%
12.Gold Coast9140100.7%
13.Collingwood813292.3%
14.Adelaide914092.3%
15.Western Bulldogs914089.3%
16.North Melbourne518086.4%
17.St Kilda518085.4%
18.Hawthorn418179.7%
QF1: GEELONG v GWS
QF2: Sydney v ESSENDON
EF1: RICHMOND v West Coast
EF2: MELBOURNE v Port Adelaide

SF1: GWS v RICHMOND
SF2: Sydney v MELBOURNE

PF1: GEELONG v Melbourne
PF2: Essendon v RICHMOND

GF: GEELONG v Richmond
Would've been fine but Geelong don't beat Richmond in finals, other than that could work.

After 2-3 games?

Sure that looks the go now but there's a lot in it for the top end come September it's a very different game.

Pick 1 this year looks an appealing option before Tassie come in a few years, it's a good time to get a couple of top picks.

What’s the point of redoing ladder predictions after each game, let alone each round?
Worse than “live ladders” this time of year.

This.

Not only that but he's not even taking the full current context into account (typical of a carlton supporter). They struggled heavily against the Tigers last week and Brisbane's early form has been brought into question. More of a sample size needs to play out before we make such calls.

Last edited:
People didn't watch us last year so they thought we fell off.

When half your list is in bandages and not on the field it's kinda hard to get any sort of consistency. It was week after week after week of guys getting hurt, then other guys coming back and new players getting hurt to replace them...we were playing freaking Sav for a majority of the season FFS.

My ladder prediction had us finishing 7th. Not top 4 or anything like that but NOBODY will want to play us come Finals time.
I no longer doubt your best is more than good enough.

I do doubt your ability to stay injury free enough. Danger already looks like he's picked something up for one.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

GWS have been considerably more impressive than Carlton, IMO. Brisbane were smashing them in OR, before thinking the job was done and taking the foot off the gas (and missed a heap of shots for goal), and then in R1 Carlton only just got over an injury-ravaged Richmond, who will probably finish bottom 4.

This.

Not only that but he's not even taking the full current context into account (typical of a carlton supporter). They struggled heavily against the Tigers last week and Brisbane's early form has been brought into question. More of a sample size needs to play out before we make such calls.

Full context is our coach basically saying we continued full pre season training loads into round 0 and round 1 due to the unusual round 2 bye so it's no surprise we looked a bit flat at stages... And that we're currently missing 6 of our best 22 players, 2 of whom are inarguable stars of the competition.

Carry on though campaigner, the Essington Edge! :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 2-3 games?

Sure that looks the go now but there's a lot in it for the top end come September it's a very different game.

Pick 1 this year looks an appealing option before Tassie come in a few years, it's a good time to get a couple of top picks.

Yup. I’ll call it early, Sydney are very Richmond-esque with their pressure and fitness like we where in 2017.

Carlton are not fully fit and still getting the job done. Nobody else is looking too convincing apart from GWS and Port but I have reservations with them at the MCG.

Who have you got?

GWS have been considerably more impressive than Carlton, IMO. Brisbane were smashing them in OR, before thinking the job was done and taking the foot off the gas (and missed a heap of shots for goal), and then in R1 Carlton only just got over an injury-ravaged Richmond, who will probably finish bottom 4.

Are GWS fully fit?

I know Carlton isn’t. I mean they still have Walsh to come back. Very formidable midfield with a solid def and the 2 recent Coleman medalists in the fwd line. Big Haz looks like he’s coming into form now too.

Are GWS fully fit?

I know Carlton isn’t. I mean they still have Walsh to come back. Very formidable midfield with a solid def and the 2 recent Coleman medalists in the fwd line. Big Haz looks like he’s coming into form now too.
Not saying I don’t think Carlton can get there, but based on what we’ve seen so far I would have GWS as the currently better team.

And one of the big queries I have on Carlton is whether they’re going to be too reliant on Curnow and H up forward, as there’s literally no-one else up there that’s looking like putting too much fear into opponents.

Will anyone else even kick 30 goals? They have an awful lot of eggs in those two baskets.

Not saying I don’t think Carlton can get there, but based on what we’ve seen so far I would have GWS as the currently better team.

And one of the big queries I have on Carlton is whether they’re going to be too reliant on Curnow and H up forward, as there’s literally no-one else up there that’s looking like putting too much fear into opponents.

Will anyone else even kick 30 goals? They have an awful lot of eggs in those two baskets.
While I agree with us lacking an elite small forward/3rd scoring option, Motlop kicked 24 goals last year as a 2nd year player and before his stubbed toe in the lead up to round 0 was one of our best performers all pre season, so we're hopeful he'll be that player for us this season. Martin when healthy, is a good option up there too.

The rest of our options need to find another gear for us to improve in that regard, but if they all stepped up a level this year we'd probably be clear flag favourites.

Sydney lack a quality 2nd KPD and their Key forwards are a bit suspect at times... Port still leak a few too many goals... Melbourne has awful KPF options... We lack high end small forwards and probably an elite kick or 2 through the midfield/half forward line. Just part of the Salary Cap era, every team has weaknesses.

GWS the only list in the comp with no clear weaknesses across the field.

There are a few sides in front of Carlton at the moment .
The 2 standouts obviously in NSW, I would have said Melbourne as well but if Carlton are reliant on 2 forwards, Naarm are heavily reliant on the 2 main backs.
Saints are interesting - have collingwood dropped off , or have the saints improved from 23. I suspect a bit of both.
Bulldogs are poorly coached.
Port are good at home, but need to learn to win against fellow top 4 opponents away from SA.
Pies will be thereabouts same as Geelong

There are a few sides in front of Carlton at the moment .
The 2 standouts obviously in NSW, I would have said Melbourne as well but if Carlton are reliant on 2 forwards, Naarm are heavily reliant on the 2 main backs.
Saints are interesting - have collingwood dropped off , or have the saints improved from 23. I suspect a bit of both.
Bulldogs are poorly coached.
Port are good at home, but need to learn to win against fellow top 4 opponents away from SA.
Pies will be thereabouts same as Geelong

We're a level below, especially with a very, very long injury and suspension list. Our goal will be to make up ground as the year rolls on.

GWS, Carlton, and Swans are my top 3 at the moment, I still think the Lions will lift as well.

Geelong if they can maintain a healthy list will also be extremely dangerous, I do doubt they have the depth to cover the inevitable injuries though.

I think ladder predictions should close before the 1st game.

Just lock it in and laugh

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
The posters who change or make predictions based on Rounds 1-2 often make the silliest ones, as they get sucked into what they think is a true formline after a couple of wins/losses.

We're a level below, especially with a very, very long injury and suspension list. Our goal will be to make up ground as the year rolls on.

GWS, Carlton, and Swans are my top 3 at the moment, I still think the Lions will lift as well.

Geelong if they can maintain a healthy list will also be extremely dangerous, I do doubt they have the depth to cover the inevitable injuries though.
Of course the Lions will be up there. Given that most of the usual suspects have around 12-15 onballers, injuries won't play a big part unless a team is heavily reliant on 2 or 3 individuals.
Pies are 2 big injuries away from falling off a cliff. There's not much coming in if it happens. My personal opinion. GwS, Sydney, Brisbane, saints and Blues has a lot more depth even though they won a flag 4 games back, they are looking vulnerable.

GWS(easily the best all round list and so they should have with all their top end draft picks. Clear favourite atm)
Sydney(great start and looking very solid all over the park with players still to come back)

Lions(Arguably the equal best list in the comp. Not an ideal start, but a couple of wins and they will be hard to stop)

Then daylight

Blues, Dees, Power(in the chasing pack. Should all be pushing for top 4 barring injuries)

Cats/Saints/Dockers (can't fully trust yet but could be in the top 4 mix with a continued run of form)
Suns/Dogs (have talented lists but too flaky, could this be the year? Wouldn't be shocked to see one of both in finals)

Pies/Crows talented sides that need to lift(again, talented lists but have started really poorly)

Bombers(defensively still look a fair way off finals)

Hawks/Tigers/Kangas/Eagles(no chance)

Based on that I'll go

1. GWS
2. Swans
3. Blues
4. Lions
5. Power
6. Dees
7. Cats
8. Saints
9. Suns
10. Dockers
11. Dogs
12. Pies
13. Bombers
14. Crows
15. Tigers
16. Hawks
17. Kangas
18. Eagles

We’ll probs be bottom 4 but not sure where yet since we haven’t played the other bottom 4 contenders. Our draw has been difficult and we have Syndey next week so that’s another loss
Will be the first grand final since the 1945 "bloodbath" game. Will not know who to root for

Yup. I’ll call it early, Sydney are very Richmond-esque with their pressure and fitness like we where in 2017.

Carlton are not fully fit and still getting the job done. Nobody else is looking too convincing apart from GWS and Port but I have reservations with them at the MCG.

Who have you got?
No order but Carlton, GWS, Sydney, Brisbane, Port Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back