List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a similar chance at least for 2026 than anyone else
I disagree. Take a talented young player in the QAFL and there's a slim but non-zero chance that he'll work his guts out and earn a spot. Take 3-4 of them and there's an even better chance that one will make it. Whereas I see Lloyd having absolutely no chance of being on the playing list in 2025 given how many players we need to delist just to get enough picks for Levi and Marshall.

Wouldn't he just immediately announce his retirement if that happened?

No team would ever draft him based on the understanding he only wants to play for bris

I disagree. Take a talented young player in the QAFL and there's a slim but non-zero chance that he'll work his guts out and earn a spot. Take 3-4 of them and there's an even better chance that one will make it. Whereas I see Lloyd having absolutely no chance of being on the playing list in 2025 given how many players we need to delist just to get enough picks for Levi and Marshall.

Issue also comes down to list spots if we're carry 3 or 4 just non-zero percent chance of making it rookie players

These QAFL players have jobs or study. They have to give that up for 4 months to have a crack at making the list. Going back to study is easy'ish. Getting 4 months off work, might be an iffy proposition for some.

FWIW I saw Lloyd play all last year - he definitely had enough juice to go around again, but not enough to 100% lock down a spot without injuries.

Well guess what, we've got injuries. Ideally he won't be playing in seniors but if we really do need a Linc-style high half forward he can do that without being an outright liability.

As, say, the fourth selection of a bunch of selections that are unlikely to amount to much there's no real downside, especially since he would be happy to take six months.

If we were going to delist Kalyn Lane I would look seriously at Braydn Crossley the ex Sun. He can play and he's paid a hefty price for his youthful transgression.(At some Clubs he might have had his situation "managed" and we'd be none the wiser.)After that I'd like a small forward an inside midfielder and the best available ready to go KPD... thanks

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were going to delist Kalyn Lane I would look seriously at Braydn Crossley the ex Sun. He can play and he's paid a hefty price for his youthful transgression.(At some Clubs he might have had his situation "managed" and we'd be none the wiser.)After that I'd like a small forward an inside midfielder and the best available ready to go KPD... thanks

Why are we delisting Lane and picking up Crossley?

Which draft are you talking about?

End of year National Draft, our first two picks will be matching bids on Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall, and we currently are lacking points to do this without going in to deficit on next years draft picks.

As for the Mid Season Draft, people really need to temper their expectations on what's available. Current talk is there might be a top 6 or so who are capable making the back end of a roster, beyond that it's a real crapshoot. All you have to do is look at this weeks article about us potentially drafting one of our own development coaches.

There's possibly one ready to KPD in the MSD, and he probably goes pick 1 to North.

Edit: Also Crossley comes with other baggage, his family.

Why are we delisting Lane and picking up Crossley?

Which draft are you talking about?

End of year National Draft, our first two picks will be matching bids on Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall, and we currently are lacking points to do this without going in to deficit on next years draft picks.

As for the Mid Season Draft, people really need to temper their expectations on what's available. Current talk is there might be a top 6 or so who are capable making the back end of a roster, beyond that it's a real crapshoot. All you have to do is look at this weeks article about us potentially drafting one of our own development coaches.

There's possibly one ready to KPD in the MSD, and he probably goes pick 1 to North.

Edit: Also Crossley comes with other baggage, his family.
Obviously Mid Season draft. I have heard we will be active participants. That's my wish list to plug short term needs. It's not an earnestly studied or opinionated selection. Just a list which might be handy over the rest of the season. Plenty of Posters have made comment of a potential end of season delisting of Lane.

Obviously Mid Season draft. I have heard we will be active participants. That's my wish list to plug short term needs. It's not an earnestly studied or opinionated selection. Just a list which might be handy over the rest of the season. Plenty of Posters have made comment of a potential end of season delisting of Lane.

If we are delisting Lane, I'm not looking for a mature age, back up ruck to take his place. We have Henry Smith who should be pushing for a start this season or next, and we still have McInerney and Fort.

I'm looking for a quality young ruck who is ready now or should be ready to be the first choice ruck in 2026. We've already been linked with Ned Moyle from the Suns.

We're possibly adding academy ruck forward Tom Gillet in this draft as well.

Clarko really is way over his head with this list. What was that defending?
If I had to guess I'd say they are at the "play on an opponent and try and beat him" stage.

They'll need to get to the "roll up and force the ball carrier to make a decision" stage, but in that clip it would have required about 5 blokes to make that call basically at the same time, and they're probably not at that stage right now.

And they're probably lacking a Luke Hodge type back there to yell and point to fast track that learning process at bit.

Last edited:
theyre a basketcase in every aspect

list management
coaching
playing list
strength and conditioning
player development

you name it, north melbourne would be in the bottom quartile in the AFL for it. genuinely think AFL house need to takeover the club and administrate it for 5-10 years to salvage anything out of that situation.

list management
coaching
playing list
player development

you name it, north melbourne would be in the bottom quartile in the AFL for it. genuinely think AFL house need to takeover the club and administrate it for 5-10 years to salvage anything out of that situation.
They might need a Fages and Noble ... but they already had Noble didn't they and spat him out.

list management
coaching
playing list
player development

The AFL need to merge them and the Suns. Actually give both clubs an identity and support bases in two markets as we enjoy.

The AFL need to merge them and the Suns. Actually give both clubs an identity and support bases in two markets as we enjoy.
They could guarantee the North fan's a minimum number of games in Melbourne (and hope they don't remember the promises made to Fitzroy)

Would be a fair turnaround from when he confronted Lynch, when he told the Suns playing group he was leaving.

Yeah but if Ainsworth is left playing bit part roles in Dimma's system, he may have to consider a move. They have Rogers, Graham coming through along with Lombard in the pipeline. I think Ainsworth could see himself getting pushed out to depth quickly.

Back