List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, massive NO from me re a possible recruitment of Isaac Smith... hopefully it is just more fake news.

Oskar Smartt would be a good get with Linc out for the year... although would he be a better option than Kai Lohmann.
Probably not, but I don't think that should stop the club from drafting Smartt if they think he's good enough. He can at least lift the standard for forward pressure, something we've severely lacked at multiple points this season. I loved hearing that it's the first thing he thinks he brings to a squad.

Just on output, Rayner probably going to have to take a paycut on his next contract. Wonder if he'll get any decent offers at the end of next season. Twomey on his podcast today saying St Kilda should be chasing Rayner with a midfield role on offer.
St.Kilda has a warchest and Rayner would be an interesting option for them.

Just on output, Rayner probably going to have to take a paycut on his next contract. Wonder if he'll get any decent offers at the end of next season. Twomey on his podcast today saying St Kilda should be chasing Rayner with a midfield role on offer.
Yeah I don’t ever see Rayner being a midfielder. He’s just not up to it.

I don’t think Lloyd is the right move anyway. We most likely aren’t winning the flag this year so the mid season draft should be used to try recruit a couple of players that may be able to help us next year too. Given that we have Gardiner and McCarthy unavailable for half of next season as well we have the opportunity to get a look at a couple of players that can improve our depth. The mid season draft is a good way to trial a player before committing longer term.

Could we go with Jacob Blight if he's available, to cover Gardiner? Having Lester, Joyce and ZZ as the only depth for a whole year is worrying.
Lester is in the 18 so wouldn’t really call him depth.
But Joyce as next up is a bit concerning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we go with Jacob Blight if he's available, to cover Gardiner? Having Lester, Joyce and ZZ as the only depth for a whole year is worrying.
I wouldn't want to rely on Froggy Lester playing as a true key position defender, can't see him being able to play on the likes of Hawkins, McKay, Wright, Hogan for a full game.

We are in big trouble if Andrews or Payne go down so I like the Blight suggestion.

I wouldn't want to rely on Froggy Lester playing as a true key position defender, can't see him being able to play on the likes of Hawkins, McKay, Wright, Hogan for a full game.

We are in big trouble if Andrews or Payne go down so I like the Blight suggestion.
I have no doubt that we will go with one younger depth type player.
But I don’t mind the idea of filling spots with older types just to plug gaps for the rest of the year.
We need the list spots for the end of the year.

Anyone think Wilmot could one day transition into a mid (not wing)?

I think he's a lock as a half back and has potential for AA in that position but his different skill set and line breaking ability around stoppage might compliment WAshcroft, Marshall, Annable types further down the track.

Back