List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Please delete your bigfooty account
Everything's OK.
fight club GIF

That's him, his ruck work and follow up was first class. He murdered our rucks and can go forward as a mark/ kick guy
I agree he's excellent at VFL level, possibly the best ruck not on an AFL list. The problem is he's known to be a bit of headcase, got thrown out of the Suns for doing drugs and probably needs to take more care of his body to make it at the top level.

Someone in the Draft and Trade forum brought up the idea of us taking Trey Ruscoe, ex-Collingwood, now playing for West Coast's reserves. I reckon he could be worth drafting to be the permanent sub, because he's versatile enough to play in all three lines. Ah Chee has well and truly progressed from being our Mr Fix-it to commanding a place in the best 22, so maybe we ought to get another.

Someone in the Draft and Trade forum brought up the idea of us taking Trey Ruscoe, ex-Collingwood, now playing for West Coast's reserves. I reckon he could be worth drafting to be the permanent sub, because he's versatile enough to play in all three lines. Ah Chee has well and truly progressed from being our Mr Fix-it to commanding a place in the best 22, so maybe we ought to get another.

Just get him so we can make a video like this with his mum. She's hilarious.

I agree he's excellent at VFL level, possibly the best ruck not on an AFL list. The problem is he's known to be a bit of headcase, got thrown out of the Suns for doing drugs and probably needs to take more care of his body to make it at the top level.
maybe he's grown up a bit....hope so, I'd love to give him a second chance a la Mitch Robbo.

Just get him so we can make a video like this with his mum. She's hilarious.

Was just coming to post that I hope we don't pick him up because I thought his debutant video started a trend I despise.

It's probably my dislike of the pies to be fair - I also hated all the press they got for Beau McCreery's mum giving them a pre-game address on mother's day.

Let me despise them in peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have always been a bit curious how the MSD is managed with respect to the Salary Cap. Assuming that we have a tight cap how do we suddenly fit in 3-4 newly contracted players on our list under the Cap?

Have always been a bit curious how the MSD is managed with respect to the Salary Cap. Assuming that we have a tight cap how do we suddenly fit in 3-4 newly contracted players on our list under the Cap?

Soft cap isn't it?

The article link below is from June 2021 after the MSD that year. We took Kalin Lane with pick 14 that year.
The article mentions the AFL may be looking into what happened with Jai Newcombe.
So, things may have changed slightly.
.......................................................................................................................
THE AFL is expected to review whether rules allowing players to nominate their financial terms for the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft should be tightened.

Box Hill Hawks midfielder Jai Newcombe was the only player in the pool of 602 prospects for the mid-season draft who nominated under 'other terms', having changed his original nomination paperwork close to the deadline after initially putting in for the standard six or 18-month term.

Hawthorn selected the 20-year-old with pick No.2 at Wednesday night's mid-season intake on what is understood to be a 30-month (for the remainder of 2021 and to the end of 2023) contract that spikes at a base of around $170,000 in 2022 with potential additions for match payments and incentives.

Generally, players who nominate other terms are eyeing off heading to a certain club with the terms usually set to ward off rivals.
Base rookie contracts are paid outside of a club's salary cap but anything above that, including match payments and incentives, are tallied inside the cap.

Back