Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And Kingy looked like he was getting dragged naked through a cactus having to talk about it.
I could hear literally see his brain when Montagna brought up those two points

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Towards the end of First Crack last night Kingy gave his 4 teams he thought were on the rise and surprise, surprise Freo was on his list. Very funny comment from Montanaugh asking if that had endeared him to the Freo faithful? Kingy indicated that it hadn't at all. Bit of a laugh by all.
I was surprised our game was mentioned last, and barely mentioned at all

Towards the end of First Crack last night Kingy gave his 4 teams he thought were on the rise and surprise, surprise Freo was on his list. Very funny comment from Montanaugh asking if that had endeared him to the Freo faithful? Kingy indicated that it hadn't at all. Bit of a laugh by all.
He did the same thing last year on our run of wins in the middle.

My read is that he knows his judgement on us is cloudy and he's either got no idea how good we may or may not become or he's convinced we're going to be good and he's trying to jump on early for credibility.

We've got no business being rated in the top 4 at the moment.

Well alternatively they have had 10 players to have played between 250 and 300, we have 1.
Jakovich and Cox looked like they were going to make 300 easily at one point until injuries intervened. Cousins played 231 games in his first 11 seasons (an average of 21 games), and also looked like he was going make it easily until all the drug issues became public.

Looking through their all time player list, apart from Hurn, they haven't had anyone who has got close to 300 looking like they could play through to the 350. Gaff and Darling are close to 300 and have looked cooked for several seasons.

This is pretty cool. Apparently Boak is the 23rd player to make it to 350 games.
They lined them up as a team. Pretty amazing we have 2 considering how hard it is flying every 2nd week!
What a team!

f3d2654905842ab7429ec94a402cce7e.jpg
That's a very cool list and balanced team! I heard on the radio Hawkins plays his 350th this week too - I assume he would push someone out of this team. Probably Bernie. Or maybe they'll just let the old boys have an extra player on the bench

That's a very cool list and balanced team! I heard on the radio Hawkins plays his 350th this week too - I assume he would push someone out of this team. Probably Bernie. Or maybe they'll just let the old boys have an extra player on the bench
Tom Hawkins and the other senior players are soooo far ahead of the equivalent at West Coast (theirs couldn't give a s**t). darling had about 4 touches before the start of the 4th quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure it's been discussed elsewhere about this obsession with our ruck situation but I go on the AFL site and the first thing I read is:

"Freo's looming Darcy problem"

Can these campaigners seriously * up about this.
how is it even a problem?!? it just gives us more fexibility

Sure it's been discussed elsewhere about this obsession with our ruck situation but I go on the AFL site and the first thing I read is:

I mean, at least they're talking about us now? :drunk:

My cuz pointed out that most of the VIC media weren’t even there to watch the game but at the “G”. This and the fact that most journos can’t or won’t give any meaningful analysis so just repeat what Cornes and others say.

Yes, a ruck problem is limited to the circumstance where you don't have a decent ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back