List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Same age Mihocek wasn’t getting a game at AFL level.
Mihocek was a star and gun in the VFL for years though.

Callow hit his peak as a giant 18 year old and has never improved.

I can’t believe some posters still want him. He’d be the biggest whipping boy of all time at the pies. He totally relies on an aerial game yet can’t get separation. AFL defenders would have a field day on him.

Some posters have a teenage fantasy about these big hulky guys that doesn’t fit the AFL these days.

I can’t believe some posters still want him. He’d be the biggest whipping boy of all time at the pies. He totally relies on an aerial game yet can’t get separation. AFL defenders would have a field day on him.

Some posters have a teenage fantasy about these big hulky guys that doesn’t fit the AFL these days.
ohh, behave. you can't post sensible shit like that

Everyone wants a Jed Walter type. Unfortunately, when those powerful types are actually good at football, they tend to get picked up.

I don’t see the bolded as an issue for our gamestyle as McStay has the same problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we'll blood someone from a State League. No idea who that might be, but the club will have some options in mind. Can't rely on part-timers for the many weeks Begg is likely to be out.
Shame that VFL listed/Chargers, 204cm young ruck Boston Dowling is a couple weeks away after having a stress fracture. But he's doing rehab atm.

There are way bigger busts than Begg from the MSD - He's played AFL footy and stuck around for 3 seasons after his initial drafting.

A lot of MSD draftees have been ditched after 6 months and never played AFL footy.
They’re also older and some of the ones that were ditched have returned to starring at VFL level.

I reckon we'll blood someone from a State League. No idea who that might be, but the club will have some options in mind. Can't rely on part-timers for the many weeks Begg is likely to be out.
It’ll be a combination of Purcell, Glover and maybe Kreuger. Potential for Johnson but he has a lot to work on.

I just don't see him as ever being an AFL ruckman. I'd love to be wrong. I'd really like if he could be a bit more versatile.
he's only 197 cms and doesn't possess massive spring, so he won't ever be a full-time /1st ruck.

he is, however, super-competitive in the scramble post centre bounce

KP / 2nd ruck is most likely his bag although he also doesn't project as a great aerialist

could, though, see him as a KP Defender in that Presti-style of lock-down, disciplined approach & strong mentality

he has great spirit & attitude but maybe lacks some tools.

There are way bigger busts than Begg from the MSD - He's played AFL footy and stuck around for 3 seasons after his initial drafting.

A lot of MSD draftees have been ditched after 6 months and never played AFL footy.
Just because there are other players who busted faster than Begg doesn’t make him any less of a bust himself 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back