List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

People are forgetting Rich just lost Naismith, and with a pick before us, I doubt Teakle will be available even if we wanted him.
Not sure what plan B is under those circumstances.
They still have Samson Ryan in the VFL though and aren’t in a positing we’re short term ruck depth would be their priority.

They may still rate Teakle as the best long term talent though.

People are forgetting Rich just lost Naismith, and with a pick before us, I doubt Teakle will be available even if we wanted him.
Not sure what plan B is under those circumstances.
I suppose it depends what type of player Tigers think they need more for that first pick. They have that many injuries, there's probably a few they could choose.

I suppose it depends what type of player Tigers think they need more for that first pick. They have that many injuries, there's probably a few they could choose.
Yeah, their needs are so widespread that it will be whoever they think is best overall. Boyd Woodcock has been a VFL standout for a while and is still only 24

Mid-season draft medical testing list​

Ajang Kuol Mun (Geelong VFL) 15/7/2001
Ben Hopkins (Dandenong Stingrays) 1/7/2005
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle) 16/10/1999
Caleb Ernst (Coburg) 12/10/2002
Corey Ellison (Williamstown) 24/8/2000
Dayten Uerata (Bendigo Pioneers) 28/10/2005
Geordie Payne (Tasmania) 6/11/2005
Iliro Smit (Eastern Ranges) 9/8/2005
Jack Hutchinson (Collingwood VFL) 10/11/2001
Jacob Blight (Peel Thunder) 14/12/2001
Jasper Scaife (West Perth) 30/9/2004
Joe Pike (Geelong Falcons) 17/5/2005
Kelsey Rypstra (North Adelaide) 2/5/2004
Lachlan Voss (Sandringham) 19/4/2005
Luke Beecken (WWT Eagles) 18/4/2001
Matthew Ling (Norwood) 21/4/1999
Max Hall (Box Hill) 15/4/2002
Noah Howes (South Adelaide) 28/10/2005
Oskar Smartt (Essendon VFL) 26/10/2005
Remy Maclean (Eastern Ranges) 14/10/2005
Toby Murray (Adelaide Crows SANFL) 3/11/2003
Tobyn Murray (Geelong VFL) 5/5/2005
Will McLachlan (Geelong Falcons) 13/4/2005
Will Patton (West Adelaide) 4/01/2005

North Melbourne look set to prioritise finding Nick Larkey a key forward sidekick with what will likely be the No.1 pick in next week’s mid-season draft.

Two rival recruiters, who spoke anonymously to this masthead because they were discussing another club’s plans, believe West Perth’s Jasper Scaife, a 197-centimetre forward who turns 20 in September, is in the Roos’ sights.

The Tigers are considered a strong chance to pick in-form Peel Thunder key defender Blight, in part because Josh Gibcus (knee) is out for the season and Dylan Grimes may retire at season’s end.

Collingwood’s 190-centimetre VFL forward Hutchinson is in the mix to be one of the first names read out, too, but is similar in height to North trio Cam Zurhaar, Zane Duursma and Jaidyn Stephenson.

Others rated a good chance of finding an AFL home next week include Woodville-West Torrens defender Luke Beecken, North Adelaide pressure forward Kelsey Rypstra, South Adelaide key forward Noah Howes, and South Australia’s under-18 captain from last year, Will Patton.

Forwards Oskar Smartt and Will McLachlan are two of Victoria’s leading candidates.
Hawthorn NGA ruckman Iliro Smit has also caught the eye playing for Eastern Ranges, while 200-centimetre ruck-forward Toby Murray could become the third member of his family to play in the AFL, behind Crow Nick and ex-Pie and Swan Sam.
St Kilda are committed to drafting a player from VFL affiliate Sandringham each year. This time around it could be 190-centimetre utility Max Benier, who played the past two matches for the Zebras after starting the season at Old Brighton.

Geelong and Melbourne are among the clubs interested in 200-centimetre Sandringham Dragons and Port Melbourne Colts defender Lachie Voss, sources told this masthead.

Mid-season draft medical testing list​

Ajang Kuol Mun (Geelong VFL) 15/7/2001
Ben Hopkins (Dandenong Stingrays) 1/7/2005
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle) 16/10/1999
Caleb Ernst (Coburg) 12/10/2002
Corey Ellison (Williamstown) 24/8/2000
Dayten Uerata (Bendigo Pioneers) 28/10/2005
Geordie Payne (Tasmania) 6/11/2005
Iliro Smit (Eastern Ranges) 9/8/2005
Jack Hutchinson (Collingwood VFL) 10/11/2001
Jacob Blight (Peel Thunder) 14/12/2001
Jasper Scaife (West Perth) 30/9/2004
Joe Pike (Geelong Falcons) 17/5/2005
Kelsey Rypstra (North Adelaide) 2/5/2004
Lachlan Voss (Sandringham) 19/4/2005
Luke Beecken (WWT Eagles) 18/4/2001
Matthew Ling (Norwood) 21/4/1999
Max Hall (Box Hill) 15/4/2002
Noah Howes (South Adelaide) 28/10/2005
Oskar Smartt (Essendon VFL) 26/10/2005
Remy Maclean (Eastern Ranges) 14/10/2005
Toby Murray (Adelaide Crows SANFL) 3/11/2003
Tobyn Murray (Geelong VFL) 5/5/2005
Will McLachlan (Geelong Falcons) 13/4/2005
Will Patton (West Adelaide) 4/01/2005

North Melbourne look set to prioritise finding Nick Larkey a key forward sidekick with what will likely be the No.1 pick in next week’s mid-season draft.

Two rival recruiters, who spoke anonymously to this masthead because they were discussing another club’s plans, believe West Perth’s Jasper Scaife, a 197-centimetre forward who turns 20 in September, is in the Roos’ sights.

The Tigers are considered a strong chance to pick in-form Peel Thunder key defender Blight, in part because Josh Gibcus (knee) is out for the season and Dylan Grimes may retire at season’s end.

Collingwood’s 190-centimetre VFL forward Hutchinson is in the mix to be one of the first names read out, too, but is similar in height to North trio Cam Zurhaar, Zane Duursma and Jaidyn Stephenson.

Others rated a good chance of finding an AFL home next week include Woodville-West Torrens defender Luke Beecken, North Adelaide pressure forward Kelsey Rypstra, South Adelaide key forward Noah Howes, and South Australia’s under-18 captain from last year, Will Patton.

Forwards Oskar Smartt and Will McLachlan are two of Victoria’s leading candidates.
Hawthorn NGA ruckman Iliro Smit has also caught the eye playing for Eastern Ranges, while 200-centimetre ruck-forward Toby Murray could become the third member of his family to play in the AFL, behind Crow Nick and ex-Pie and Swan Sam.
St Kilda are committed to drafting a player from VFL affiliate Sandringham each year. This time around it could be 190-centimetre utility Max Benier, who played the past two matches for the Zebras after starting the season at Old Brighton.

Geelong and Melbourne are among the clubs interested in 200-centimetre Sandringham Dragons and Port Melbourne Colts defender Lachie Voss, sources told this masthead.

Interesting st kilda commit to drafting from their vfl affiliate each year....just like a bird who wouldn't date me as I wasn't in her 15 minute drive radius...

Limited pool why would ya

Interesting st kilda commit to drafting from their vfl affiliate each year....just like a bird who wouldn't date me as I wasn't in her 15 minute drive radius...

That was announced last year, they wanted more of a connection with their sandy program that they commited to drafting 1 rookie per year from 2024 onwards

If you recruit from your VFL team more talented country, suburban and state league footballers will be attracted to join as they see it as a genuine pathway to an AFL list. They’ll also be more familiar with the gameplan and structures of the AFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played a game for our VFL team a couple of years back, and I thought he looked rather promising. I do think it would be fun if the same club picked up both he and Tobyn Murray, FWIW!!
I'm pretty sure that Sam Murray was Jesse from Breaking Bad. Did Jesse have a brother?

Question for you, with Begg going down with a season ending injury as has been reported does this mean we have another spot open? Has he been put on the LTI list? Can we have two picks? I’d be going for Long and a Tall whom ever it is. If it’s just one spot then the best available Tall.

Question for you, with Begg going down with a season ending injury as has been reported does this mean we have another spot open? Has he been put on the LTI list? Can we have two picks? I’d be going for Long and a Tall whom ever it is. If it’s just one spot then the best available Tall.
Word was they were in the process of putting him on the LT1, so we have the possible of using two picks. If we use both is another question, but we have the capacity to do so

He played a game for our VFL team a couple of years back, and I thought he looked rather promising. I do think it would be fun if the same club picked up both he and Tobyn Murray, FWIW!!
Is it the same guy? The Toby Murray in the VFL game was a Ruckman.
I remember it vividly because he outsprinted, Mac Andrews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back