Tackles per game in 2024:
1. Geelong (68.7)
2. Carlton (66.1)
3. Collingwood (64.7)

Tackles i50 per game in 2024:
1. Carlton (16.6!!!)
2. Port Adelaide (14.0)
3. Western Bulldogs (13.1)

Need to bring this sort of pressure and intensity across four quarters this week. Collingwood also strong in this area so have to be composed with ball in hand.
It's a misleading number and a result of long bombs and the ball coming to ground a lot with our smalls never collecting it first. I'd prefer to be last in that stat because we hit more targets i50 and mark or collect the crumb first....

Am i lonely in the williams out camp? Ive thought that we’ve leaked goals since round 1 because we have too many flair types in the back half.

Need some more meat and potato job doers that are unconditional. Williams has his moments of brilliance but geez his defensive accountability is real low. Cincotta in if fit for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Plenty thinking it. If not saying it. Media is on it. Think there's plenty of 'smoke'

Voss was critical of the team defence and the footy show highlighted we are bottom 6 for scores against, so with what we’ve got this week, what do we do, how do we fix this?

We are light on for personal and Williams lack of strength , decision making and accountability is hurting us, can we bring in Cinc and move Williams to half forward or the bench?

I find Young to lack intent in the air and on the ground, is he needed against a team like the Pies?

Id like to see Cincotta and Cerra in, Young and Owies out.

Voss was critical of the team defence and the footy show highlighted we are bottom 6 for scores against, so with what we’ve got this week, what do we do, how do we fix this?

We are light on for personal and Williams lack of strength , decision making and accountability is hurting us, can we bring in Cinc and move Williams to half forward or the bench?

I find Young to lack intent in the air and on the ground, is he needed against a team like the Pies?

Id like to see Cincotta and Cerra in, Young and Owies out.
Wrong end of the ground. Most of the scoring opportunities start at the other end and the easy transition is caused because players such as Owies, Cottrell, etc. don't contribute more than 1 tackle a game and don't find or win the ball at ground level. The way Geelong were coming out of their backline was embarrassing and if it wasn't for our midfield dominance, we wouldn't be in that match.

Am i lonely in the williams out camp? Ive thought that we’ve leaked goals since round 1 because we have too many flair types in the back half.

Need some more meat and potato job doers that are unconditional. Williams has his moments of brilliance but geez his defensive accountability is real low. Cincotta in if fit for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cincotta back , Williams forward pinch hit mid

Wouldn't mind that, Williams had 5 ground ball gets and 18 pressure acts against the Cats... more than Durdin and Owies combined...

We def need something different up forward and Williams could give some x factor.
He’s a naturally attacking player - great by foot generally, can find space artfully - not forgetting his famous midfield cameo vs pies in a prelim! I’d love to see him on HFF - rotating mid to work the outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong end of the ground. Most of the scoring opportunities start at the other end and the easy transition is caused because players such as Owies, Cottrell, etc. don't contribute more than 1 tackle a game and don't find or win the ball at ground level. The way Geelong were coming out of their backline was embarrassing and if it wasn't for our midfield dominance, we wouldn't be in that match.

Agree, a lot of the problems start at the other end causing the defence to look like witches hats.

Still worth saying that our replacements like Young aren't great in the few moments they do get a one on one opportunity.

Is this situation playing out by design though. Vossy choosing this breakdown on purpose. Not the calamity/stupid turnover plays but that Carlton will suffer this style of play to win with its own style of kick it long inside 50 and lock it in.

When we've lost, we look like we could of won so these defence embarrassments...how much do they count in the overall scheme of things?

My personal view is that we have such high upside to tinker with better personnel/balance and beat everyone. But that is a bigfooty opinion only.

He’s a naturally attacking player - great by foot generally, can find space artfully - not forgetting his famous midfield cameo vs pies in a prelim! I’d love to see him on HFF - rotating mid to work the outside.

What's williams tank like. The Half forwards now have to run and back non stop. Will he have anything left after completing those runs?

We are crying out for a HFF and an alternative forward target. For him to go forward then we definitely need Cincotta in to play that attacking HB role until such time Saad returns.

Cincotta is a good soldier and playing Williams up forward could be the spark he needs and a point of difference for us.

Should we sit Harry in the goal square and Sir Charles at CHF with licence to roam like Cameron and take shots from outside 50m and instruct the smalls to open up the forward 50.
Harry has more running power and is a better boundary side mark

I don't like having a go at any of our troops but can't help thinking that Young's a liability that we just can't afford atm. Why not bring Cincotta in for Young - he's much tougher in the contest and would provide plenty of dash off HB - two things that Youngy does not give us? And with Saady out for at least another month these attributes will be invaluable to us in that time where we have to play so many top sides. Also: height shouldn't be too much of a problem seeing as though the Pies aren't that tall in attack, so again, I think Cincotta would be a much better option for us right now.

Plenty thinking it. If not saying it. Media is on it. Think there's plenty of 'smoke'
Perhaps Zac shines best when we have our solid experienced defenders in place.

Should we sit Harry in the goal square and Sir Charles at CHF with licence to roam like Cameron and take shots from outside 50m and instruct the smalls to open up the forward 50.
I like the idea trying Charlie as high as the wing on occasion during a game. If he’s being double teamed - let him roam, use his talents to create some amazing inside 50s. TDK forward when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back