Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Trust you on this. It's surprising to read though. Why do his opponents run off him so easily then? Does he ball watch/ get lost or is he trying to cheat forward too ofteb
I reckon ball watch gets him in trouble. Desperately need him away from the goal square/danger spots at all times, but obviously not much choice at the moment

Last edited:

It's a disappointing trend with sportsmen (same in every code). Constant need to have brutal reviews because non negotiable and basics start falling out of the game.
I get what you're saying, however not everyone is of the same mold as a Cripps or Walsh.
But also, I am a mid 30s guy with a bad back and make a groaning noise every time I get out of a chair.

It's a disappointing trend with sportsmen (same in every code). Constant need to have brutal reviews because non negotiable and basics start falling out of the game.

I think the "brutal" reviews are brought out once or twice a year at most, otherwise they would lose their impact.
It seemed like it was needed after last week and hopefully we get the response.

Trust you on this. It's surprising to read though. Why do his opponents run off him so easily then? Does he ball watch/ get lost or is he trying to cheat forward too ofteb
Form and touch issue imo.

Split second hesitation rolling up to the contest or covering his opponent/ space.
Sometimes just loses his bearings. Makes some poor decisions

Form is fickle though can return quick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Cerra
Out: Binns
Carroll sub

We really should smash them at the clearances tomorrow night without Mitchell and De Goey.

Get it forwards of centre quickly and don't allow them to push back in numbers.

We simply should win.

Blues by 5 goals.

So he should. I would just like to see Cowan and Cincotta play like they do at VFL level where they both run, take the game on and can kick it well. So far they seem way to concerned with the defensive side
considering Vossy wasn't very happy with our defensive efforts last week it would seem likely they will look to defend first, although the whole team defence I would imagine also needs to lift. Guess they'll need to pick and choose when to go.

Cowan is about as tall as McGovern. He could easily play third tall if needed. Hoskin-Elliott may be a good match up?
Cowan has played that role to pretty good effect in the VFL, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing it in this game

So he should. I would just like to see Cowan and Cincotta play like they do at VFL level where they both run, take the game on and can kick it well. So far they seem way to concerned with the defensive side
Cowan made some howling mistakes by being rushed, needs more time to get used to the tempo of pressured games like last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back