Autopsy 2024 Round 1 Blues hold on in yet another heartstopper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We were ordinary round 1 last year. Did Ok in the end…
A confident McKay makes us a very dangerous side !
Can’t wait to see weitering, Martin and hopefully Walsh back soon ..
2 wins without them and a bye, we are in a great spot !
We finally have a list and a coaching group to fill the 22.
It’s absolutely fabulously prophetic!
Great Prez, CEO, coaching staff and blokes wearing the Navy ready to set fire to the 4 quarters.
Get beaten in 2 or 3…..Vossy, “if there’s a way we will find it, Crippa and boys, work it out with these tinkers”.
BINGO♥️

I can't remember having gone on here after a win and potted one of our best on ground who just kicked the key goal in the game from 55m and won the hitouts.

History proved me right in the case of Plowman (if that's who you're referring to). We were never going to be a good team while he was getting a game.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion though and good luck to you. I don't think there would be many agreeing with that take on TDK though.

I love the way he's maturing. Becoming a bit of a Nicnat type ruck who is so mobile and kicks goals. He's got more levels he can go to but a guy who can move like that is a huge advantage because there's just nothing a Nank-type ruck can do about stopping his run and we end up with 400m+ gained from our ruckman.
On behalf of the rest of the forum please accept our thanks to you for allowing the rest of us to express an opinion (I assume that it was a collective allowance).

On behalf of the rest of the forum please accept our thanks to you for allowing the rest of us to express an opinion (I assume that it was a collective allowance).
Eh.

Teddy's allowed to think I'm wrong. He could do it more politely, but if he disagrees he's allowed to point it out.

Bank the 4 points, reset over the bye, bring back some key players and go again.

Cripps enormous. Harry been our best over the first two games. Gov, Saady and Newy all good. Carroll has it.

It's not a slight on him to say that he could've prevented his counterpart's - and the opposition captain's - dominance of their position much earlier in the game purely by raising his knee and jumping.

He didn't even need to get him in the head. Nankervis exposed his entire torso to TDK every time he decided to try and run past the ball to protect the ball drop; Tom could've just aimed to hit the same spot three times in a row with his knee and that'd have done the job.

History in our game is replete with some truly wonderful ball players without premiership medals and limited mongrels with them.

Tom De Koning could absolutely be anything, but I'd rather someone told him how he could've influenced the game sooner than they didn't.

Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree but I was more disappointed with our mids than TDK. Cerra was non-existent in the first half, Hewett was well down and Hopper brought his own ball in the first half. That wasn't tom's fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting the season 2-0, Key players missing, a short turnaround after playing in hot conditions in QLD, I'll take it every time. No complaints here, we are winning and finding different ways to win the close ones. I'll take it over where we were a couple of years ago.
It's a long season, we will get better, I don't expect or really want us to be playing our very best football yet. Keep banking wins however they come and be primed to be at our best when it matters most.

The only thing I would ask for is some respite from the close results, don't know how many more I can take :tearsofjoy:

I thought Mitch McGovern's game was massive last night, easily in our best players for me.
Yep, great take. In fact, perfect take.

One big + about last night, and last week, was Carroll.

He suddenly looks much stronger, and suddenly so much cleaner. He's taken a huge leap compared to last yr or yrs prior. Him coming good is huge.
It’s a joy to watch him take these giant strides right in front of our eyes.

I don't agree.

Kemp was taking advantage of the stand rule which is the correct decision. It wasn't the player on the mark that cost him, it was a player illegally interfering.

Either way it was still a skill error. But I still think the intent to get the ball moving quickly after the intercept was correct and something he will execute better by the time he's played 50 games.
yelled at the telly at the time but didnt look as bad on replay

Without a preview thread for North, will post it here

Likely and or preferred changes.

• Young - Weitering. Nothing more to add
  • Kemp - Marchbank. Kemp certainly is the more aggressive, attacking option, but still a long way off bridging the gap between extraordinary and poor. With others in that backline that offer run, carry and xfactor, I prefer the better defensive option
  • Cuners - Elijah. Elijah is the better forward and mid option IMHO
  • Kennedy - Martin. If Kennedy is spending most of his time forward, then Martin replaces him in that role. If Voss believes Kennedy and Elijah can rotate mid/forward, then he stays for mine
  • Ollie - Walsh. Ollie has been great with his run, defensive intent and pressure, but fumbling way too much in the first 2 games. Cottrell has more strength over the ball at the moment, so he can chop out both Acres and Walsh for the 3rd wingman option
  • Fantasia - Motlop. Slow start from Fantasia, but it is a toss of the coin at the moment

Boyd Weitering Gov
Williams Marchbank Saad

TDK Cerra Hewett
Walsh Cripps Acres

Elijah Harry Martin
Motlop Charlie Fogarty

Newman Cottrell Carroll Owies Kennedy

EMG: Pitto C Durdin Kemp, Ollie

In the mix: Cincotta, Moir, Fantasia, Cuners

Agree. Tough on Cunners who did some nice things and was very clean late.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back