VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

We simply cannot afford a stand alone team…remember, we still have a substantial debt hanging over our head

Agreed but we need to find a way, otherwise we are handicapping the development of the lower end of our list. When did you see a grand final winning AFL side that didnt have a strong VFL program? It simply doesnt happen!

No player enjoys or flourishes playing in non competitive sides and Sandringham have been in that position since the affiliation began. If it has to continue Sandringham or the Saints have to find the money/means to attract some decent VFL players. The Saints are as much to blame with their list/injury management being rubbish for so long, but if Werribee/Williamstown/Port Melbourne/Southport etc can find excellent VFL players then WHY cant Sandringham.

It seems the $$$ are the issue for both clubs Saints & Sandringham and I understand they have a salary cap to work with. But every year they lose decent players who they shouldnt, surely questions have to be asked?

Agreed but we need to find a way, otherwise we are handicapping the development of the lower end of our list. When did you see a grand final winning AFL side that didnt have a strong VFL program? It simply doesnt happen!

Maybe because to do well in the AFL you need a good injury list? So that also means your VFL team is relatively strong thanks to having lots of AFL players to call on.

I would not change Nas position at all.
Schoenmaker can spend some time at Sandy dominating isn't a bad thing if there isn't a like for like swap for him.

Butler for Henry
Caminiti for King
Garcia for wood

Garcia as the sub, sub him in for butler when he blows up at some point
Schoenmaker for Wood, Garcia-sub for Stocker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see they are sticking with Hotton in the midfield - he is lucky to be getting a game after last weeks effort. He is young and inexperienced but he displayed no desparation for the ball last week. He is entitled time to get his game going but should it be at the expense of team sucess. This is another reason where alignments suck, I dont know if Sandi have better options but under perfoming St Kilda players should not be given preference over other options.They all need to earn their positions in my view....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back