List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a wish sadly.

Hardwick hopefully loves and misses Clarko and sounds like Stengle wants to get paid.

Think we'd struggle to sign anyone at present though.
Hardwick seems like a player that clarko would love and get along with

Got that mongrel

Hope it happens

It would be like if you were dying of thirst but stopped to check if the water given to you might be chilled and filtered.

We are begging for anyone who can compete, take a mark or bring the ball to ground to help out Larkey for a couple of years while we develop a (currently yet to be drafted) player.
Someone gets it.

What possible reason would a 27 year old Blake Hardwick have to spend his prime years at North. Are we going to pay him stupid money?

The last straw for me is to see NM go into 2025 without an older, key forward, with some experience to help out Larkey. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over (has been this way since Ben Brown left) and expecting a different result. Some of you must be insane.

The answer isn't Rory ****ing Lobb on 700k. This much I know.

Picioane, Thompson, Hay, Hartung, Howe, Shiels….if I missed any others I apologise.

But we don’t need anymore C grade players from Hawthorn.
bit harsh on Thommo

Id love to have him now! still remember that day he was dominating and took himself off!

Could be that. Who knows? I'm just saying it stands out like dog balls that NM need a mature key forward to help Larkey. They're aren't too many on the market and of the ones that are, not many are looking at NM as a place to ply their trade. If not Lobb, who else? I'm open to hear suggestions but no one has put an alternative forward, as of yet. All I've heard is lots of reasons not to select him. The same people then just moan about our lack of tall timber in the forward line. I gues we can not bother even talking to Lobb and then hope 2025 will be better then this year, without addressing the key forward deficiencies.
The idea is sound. We need something even if it’s to get us through 2-3 years.

I have no problem with Lobb or any other alternative if it doesn’t cost the world in trade capital.

As others have said, I lm not sure if Lobb would look at us as an option, but if he is interested, he can play at the level and fills a big void we have.

It’s not the worst idea at the right price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF had made up his mind and the club also agreed that he couldn't stay any longer. Has Sanders reached this point of acrimony, with the Western Bulldogs?

You stated that Sanders couldn't be traded because of his 3 year contract which is wrong.

Educate yourself, learn the rules and stop stating things as fact that are completely wrong if you want to be taken seriously.

It's not my job to have an answer. But I suspect there are a bunch of players who can be half decoys for much less cash, are much younger and aren't absolute flogs.
You can sit there and have an opinion as to why not to recruit a player but when asked what your answer is, you respond by saying 'it's not my job'. If it's not your job to have an answer, how about not saying anything about recruiting, period. Just another supporter who wants to throw in their two cents about not recruiting a player, but in the next breath, will whinge and moan about the fact NM have not addressed the issue of reruiting a player to fill the position. If you're not part of the solution, pal, you're part of the problem!

Last edited:
Beggars can’t be choosers. We absolutely need to throw our hat in the ring.

He’s very tall and can take a mark. That’s what we need.

It’s just to buy us time while the kids develop. Then we pick two blokes in the draft this year to develop longterm.

Some reactions on here are very strange. No Lobb isn't ideal but we will struggle to get free agents and also any a graders... we can't just do it all via the draft... need short term solutions and take what is avail. I love the fact we say no to Lobb, when we really should be thankful if we could even convince him to come..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You stated that Sanders couldn't be traded because of his 3 year contract which is wrong.

Educate yourself, learn the rules and stop stating things as fact that are completely wrong if you want to be taken seriously.
Can you please give Sanders' manager a call. I'm sure Sanders would want to leave a side who is at least winning games, has Bontempelli, Naughton,Treloar etc, etc, and still in the fight to play finals, to come to a team who has won 12 games of about 93 in four and 1/2 years. Every young lads dream.

Last edited:
Can you please give Sanders' manager a call. I'm sure Sanders would want to leave a side who is at least winning games, has Bontempelli, Naughton,Treloar etc, etc, and come to a team who has won 12 games of about 93 in four and 1/2 years. Every young lads dream.

Not the point.

Just admit you had no idea of the rules, got it completely wrong and move on.

At 3.7 marks per game Lobb equals or betters all of our forwards.

and with 1.3 contested marks per game he doubles our closest forward (CCJ 0.7/game).

We have a great habit of piling on to players that aren’t top liners, yet, we are playing a 0 game pre2024, supposed key defender as our CHF/backup ruck.

would he make us a finals team? No

Will he play in our next flag? Probably not? But at this stage can you say with 100% conviction that anyone on our list will?

Does he stop gap the 6ft7 glaring hole we have had in our list for 5 years? Yes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back