Player Watch #23 Bernie Vince - Retired - Thanks Bernie

Remove this Banner Ad

As expected, he would be on a lot less money and would have been told he will most likely play a fair bit of VFL. I know M Crouch looks a gun but Vince had far more impact than Crouch would have in his first 3 years here, and we have plenty of inside mids anyway. One of the better trades we've made in recent memory.

As expected, he would be on a lot less money and would have been told he will most likely play a fair bit of VFL. I know M Crouch looks a gun but Vince had far more impact than Crouch would have in his first 3 years here, and we have plenty of inside mids anyway. One of the better trades we've made in recent memory.

While we did okay out of it, I'm sure the Adelaide recruiting side would still be hosing themselves down over the deal. Also, if Matt Crouch is an inside mid, and Bernie is an inside mid...

I know it was probably done in a rush, but could a mod please fix the spelling in the thread title for me? Thanks.
I think it has class. Don't change.

I'm sure that nasty nasty toenail injury was holding him back a bit at stages this year.

More of a concern was his shithouse decision making at times and the brainfades that got him suspended. Far far far too senior to be doing that.

Could be important in us making finals next year or could be playing in the VFL because he's gone.
He's done.

He was great for us. But if he's playing games for us next year we'd have to have an extensive injury list.... enough to keep us out of the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe everyone should stop writing off proven players after a few bad games

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It was a whole season mate, was average in 2016 too.

Glad to see him back playing well again, love him to death. Would love to see him get to 100 games for us.

Glad to see him back playing well again, love him to death. Would love to see him get to 100 games for us.
Plays 15 more games and he'll get to 100

was pretty good in 16. Second half last year wasnt great but wasnt as bad as some on here have made out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has he been a full-time tagger/run-with this year?

Don't think so against Geelong. Was following Zorko for much of the game yesterday.

Seems to have eliminated the brain fades. Lucky we got Lewis for that now.

Probably just being more selective with when he does them. You get more value for your brain fades when you're the only one doing them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back