Player Watch #24 Dane Rampe

Remove this Banner Ad

eTidRiiY.jpg

Dane Rampe

Player Profile

Dane Rampe was denied at several drafts and didn’t land a spot on an AFL list until the age of 22. But ever since being rookie-listed in November 2012, the key defender has seized his opportunity. Rampe made his AFL debut in Round 1, 2013 and played his 150th match in 2019. He’s an All Australian, an emergency for the greatest NSW team of all time and a Bob Skilton medallist, and he’s led the Swans as a co-captain with Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker since 2019. It doesn’t matter if the opposition’s best forward is a tall or small; so versatile and reliable is Rampe that he’s always assigned to the toughest task in defence. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 37; 2013 AFL draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 90.

Dane Rampe

DOB: 02 June 1990
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2013
RECRUITED FROM: Eastern Suburbs (NSW)/University of NSW (NSW)

Last edited:
Dane seems to have the balls to just come out and say it as he sees it.

Clarko coffee dates.
Trade bans.
The disgusting end to Goodesys career.

He'll make sure he makes his point clear yet without fear of judgement.

I had my doubts about him early... thought he'd be a bit of a "lad" & not take things too seriously... Man was I wrong.

Brilliant choice as a leader IMO.
He copped a pasting (perhaps warranted) when he was caught out smoking at the pub, but apart from that he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Except the fence, of course...

Dane seems to have the balls to just come out and say it as he sees it.

Clarko coffee dates.
Trade bans.
The disgusting end to Goodesys career.

He'll make sure he makes his point clear yet without fear of judgement.

I had my doubts about him early... thought he'd be a bit of a "lad" & not take things too seriously... Man was I wrong.

Brilliant choice as a leader IMO.

I think if anything what makes him so admirable is that he's still a "lad". The innocuous little innuendo he threw in that speech shows he's still a lad, but that he can balance it out with being a really well-spoken and confident leader, who is also a genuine good bloke based on the times I've met him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sir ******* Dane of House ******** Rampe!!!!

Oddly enough Ser Arthur Dane was considered the best swordsman in all of Westeros.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t know that rule existed. I sure as hell didn’t.

I didn't know of the exact rule but if asked I would have probably said it would be against the rules.

Oddly enough Ser Arthur Dane was considered the best swordsman in all of Westeros.

I didn't know of the exact rule but if asked I would have probably said it would be against the rules.

Jordan De Goey is allowed to climb on players heads and legally paid a mark, a player should be able to climb a damn goalpost. And if the post is wobbling because a single player is climbing it then the AFL needs to improve their posts. This is not the 70s and Sir Dane is not Leigh ******** Matthews!

Total non-story.

Climbing the Goal post FFS!
Not sure what type of dumb campaigner brain fade Rampe had
Should have been a free to Essendon without a doubt
Would have been an awful way to lose a game
phew~!

Out of the box thinker for sure. Even Parker admitted on SEN that he wasn't sure what goes through his head at times.

Worsfold rated Myers a "1% chance" of kicking the goal in his presser, so no harm was done, but it was still a stupid risk he didn't need to take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back