Autopsy Practice Match: Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions 24th Feb @ 12pm Tramway Oval on Foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Will Dunkley's first outing for the Lions be against the Swans. An opportunity also to see #2 draft selection Will Ashcroft.

Looking forward to seeing our own new recruits strut their stuff.

The practice game with Carlton will be streamed on Fox and Kayo. The Brisbane Lions clash will be a match simulation with broadcast details tbc.

Last edited:

With only two games before the season kicks off, not sure how they're going to play and which game. You'd expect Aaron Francis will make an appearance in game 1 as will the new draftees. Whether Buddy limbers up for one is anyones guess.
Reckon Francis, Gould, Sheldrick, Roberts, Konstanty and Mitchell will get some senior minutes as well as VFL minutes like the rest.
Hoping Campbell and Wicks get decent time as well. These two, plus Cunningham and the first 4 above are first line depth and we need to see their form line. Konstanty, Mitchell and anyone else will just be getting a taste of the pace of the game.

Tradition dictates the following:

Step 1. Swans get towelled up in the pre-season games

Step 2. Bigfooty calls for dumping of certain players based on pre-season form (or lack thereof)

Step 3. Said players are all selected for Round 1 & perform very well

Step 4. Despite winning a couple of pre-season games, Essendon get trounced in Round 1 & plunge into their annual crisis.

It’s like clockwork.

Brisbane will probably line up strong trying to get their traded players to gel with the plan. They have a ready made gun in Ashcroft also.

Potentially defence could be their weakness but usually the best forward line in the comp for sharing the goals. So a good test defensively early that we can try a few things.

Quite often in these practice matches the coaches share the line up so that you play your best in the first half then managed minutes thereafter.

At least it’s not that far away

Is there another unofficial scratch match before this one ?

Reckon Francis, Gould, Sheldrick, Roberts, Konstanty and Mitchell will get some senior minutes as well as VFL minutes like the rest.
Hoping Campbell and Wicks get decent time as well. These two, plus Cunningham and the first 4 above are first line depth and we need to see their form line. Konstanty, Mitchell and anyone else will just be getting a taste of the pace of the game.
Agree and would personally just add (based on the grand final 22) Ladhams, McDonald and Amartey in that first line of depth along with those you have chosen.

Oh, true. Guess I was thinking more so as a season long thing as opposed to just that first trial game.

Brisbane will probably line up strong trying to get their traded players to gel with the plan. They have a ready made gun in Ashcroft also.

Potentially defence could be their weakness but usually the best forward line in the comp for sharing the goals. So a good test defensively early that we can try a few things.

Quite often in these practice matches the coaches share the line up so that you play your best in the first half then managed minutes thereafter.

At least it’s not that far away

Is there another unofficial scratch match before this one ?

Gus to man mark Ashcroft the whole game. Put it in the book

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tradition dictates the following:

Step 1. Swans get towelled up in the pre-season games

Step 2. Bigfooty calls for dumping of certain players based on pre-season form (or lack thereof)

Step 3. Said players are all selected for Round 1 & perform very well

Step 4. Despite winning a couple of pre-season games, Essendon get trounced in Round 1 & plunge into their annual crisis.

It’s like clockwork.
Last year I was right about Harry. I was right about him the year before too as his first 6 games were shite.

But some players do not do well in trial games. Others, like Paps love every game and as a youngster he took his opportunities in the trials and started game 1.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last year I was right about Harry. I was right about him the year before too as his first 6 games were shite.

But some players do not do well in trial games. Others, like Paps love every game and as a youngster he took his opportunities in the trials and started game 1.

As they say - Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Practice appearing with an “s” in the title is still wreaking havoc with my OCD.

It’s the thread title equivalent of Erik Golden.
Am now tempted to leave it for the entire match...but okay.

Practice appearing with an “s” in the title is still wreaking havoc with my OCD.

It’s the thread title equivalent of Erik Golden.
I know. To me it stands out like dogs balls. There used to be these ads on those massive billboards on the side of the road in paddocks on the main highways in QLD. These massive billboards would advertise everything up there. The billboards not having paying advertising had these ads for those companies wanting to advertise.
It was a picture of a dog from behind, with his behinds showing, with his face turned back saying "advertise here, it stands out like dogs balls".

I'm with DQ. I hate spelling mistakes like these.

I know. To me it stands out like dogs balls. There used to be these ads on those massive billboards on the side of the road in paddocks on the main highways in QLD. These massive billboards would advertise everything up there. The billboards not having paying advertising had these ads for those companies wanting to advertise.
It was a picture of a dog from behind, with his behinds showing, with his face turned back saying "advertise here, it stands out like dogs balls".

I'm with DQ. I hate spelling mistakes like these.
Ever since I had the mini-stroke last year my spelling has been terrible, thank god for spell check.

Just calling out one and all that there might be a reason such as dyslexia or other things at play. Guess you're just going to have to deal with it.

Ever since I had the mini-stroke last year my spelling has been terrible, thank god for spell check.

Just calling out one and all that there might be a reason such as dyslexia or other things at play. Guess you're just going to have to deal with it.
Spell check would not have helped in that one as the Yanks spell it practise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back