AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ how many kilos do you think he’s carrying 😂

Most footballers have a BMI of 24.5-25. Jake’s falls in the normal range. Players with better conditioning (e.g. Shiel) tend to have higher BMIs as a consequence of the extra biceps. Muscle weighs more than fat.

It’s far more likely that a plantar fascia injury is related to excessive running, standing, and doing athlete things.

Most footballers have a BMI of 24.5-25. Jake’s falls in the normal range. Players with better conditioning (e.g. Shiel) tend to have higher BMIs as a consequence of the extra biceps. Muscle weighs more than fat.

It’s far more likely that a plantar fascia injury is related to excessive running, standing, and doing athlete things.
So really Cox not having ripped biceps is a preventative measure to ensure he won't have plantar fascia issues? Man, and some rag on the club's strength and conditioning program, sounds more like we're cutting edge and ahead of the game.

I'm not even saying fat = weight = injury.

I'm saying his body has evidently been dogshit for years, and constantly blowing out is strong evidence that he doesn't train and eat to the standard required of a professional athlete.

Said lack of professionalism almost certainly has an influence on the amount of time he misses through injury.

You'd think so...but Robert Harvey had the same thing, so who knows
For sure.

I'm not saying the actual professional athletes avoid injury, of course they don't. Hird would have been one of the hardest trainers, yet broke down regularly.

I just think it's visibly obvious that Stringer doesn't do what's required off field. Less running due to injuries? Sure. Do boxing, stationary bike, rowing, swimming. Don't eat crap food. It's pretty ******* simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, more functional weight.

For sure.

I'm not saying the actual professional athletes avoid injury, of course they don't. Hird would have been one of the hardest trainers, yet broke down regularly.

I just think it's visibly obvious that Stringer doesn't do what's required off field. Less running due to injuries? Sure. Do boxing, stationary bike, rowing, swimming. Don't eat crap food. It's pretty ******* simple.
He did boxing pre season when he couldn’t run due to lingering concussion.

I never really get the "he's looking unfit/heavy" thing people say about him. They seem to say it when he's playing bad .. but then he's "looking fit and lean" when palying well .. but he looks exactly the same to me in both situations. Seems to be the sort of player that once looked pretty unfit and now it's a tag he keeps getting given

Boxing or zinger boxing
Loop Reaction GIF

Running following foot injury, hoping to play again in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back