AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he's been an underrated recruit, maybe not recognised as much because of how good Smith and Saad have been.

Averaged almost 15 stats, kicked 1.5 goals a game, showed he could pinch hit in the middle, all playing in a new team which finished a couple of games outside the 8. Pretty impressive for mine.

Think he's been an underrated recruit, maybe not recognised as much because of how good Smith and Saad have been.

Averaged almost 15 stats, kicked 1.5 goals a game, showed he could pinch hit in the middle, all playing in a new team which finished a couple of games outside the 8. Pretty impressive for mine.

Still amazed that we have him and for two 2nd round picks!

He played 20% of the year in the ruck ffs.

Impossible to assess his year other than it showed with decent certainty that he's been utilised in lazy and unimaginative fashion by the Dogs.

I know a lot do not place a lot of value on Jake's year but I thought he did well enough given he was asked to play out of position early and finished the year as second ruck. He was doing a lot of midfield work and that told on how much impact he had as a forward. He did a good job as being the big body at the centre bounce . Lets hope we land our midfield fishes so we only have to use him as a forward and a centre bounce blocker who does not have to run through the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on the record early saying I thought he was actually okay at the centre clearance stuff when everyone seemed to be bagging him being there at all. /yaco

Thought he was really good this year. Imagine if we had a fit Joey D..

His clearance game was great all year, problem was everything else fell away while he was in there. Still that Richmond game was quality and why we shouldn’t give up on the experiment just yet.

I'd still play Francis forward with Stringer at his feet, two players with football brains, major handful for opposition.

I'd still play Francis forward with Stringer at his feet, two players with football brains, major handful for opposition.

Surely watching Jeremy McGovern in the finals showed how important an intercept mark like Francis would be in defence? Plus we have Stringer, Danger, possibly McKernan or Stewart up forward. Even Hooker at times.

Surely watching Jeremy McGovern in the finals showed how important an intercept mark like Francis would be in defence? Plus we have Stringer, Danger, possibly McKernan or Stewart up forward. Even Hooker at times.
Would prefer to play that guy in the middle if we had him :p

I'd still play Francis forward
giphy.gif

Like the fact he has deleted his social media this off season! Hoping to see him emerge an absolute beast come 1st day of pre season.

Like the fact he has deleted his social media this off season! Hoping to see him emerge an absolute beast come 1st day of pre season.
Clearly means he’s working out no less than 18 hours a day. Can’t have drank any booze or eaten any colonel if it’s not out on social media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back