AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

wZmVusV.jpg

Until he is playing solid footy week in week out and stays out of trouble I'm not going to have much confidence in him (don't get me wrong the trade was worth undertaking the risk given the price and potential rewards).
Just worried about another potential Fev situation.
Pre-season everyone that isn't injured is ripping it up according to the media.

Get his family life under control and the rest might follow. Trouble is, he now has to learn how to parent kids from a broken family all on his lonesome. If he gets another partner, that will only complicate parenting further. He is in deep s**t, and you can see from the look in his eyes that he knows it. There's a huge test of Essendons player support services now underway. It would be fascinating to know what they are doing and how they are going about it. At least money is no issue.
It would be hard to blame him if his focus moves to parenting, and his footy suffers for it.
I just hope he grows up. Happy if he does enough on field to earn his salary, if he plays at a high level that's a bonus. For me, an unexpected bonus

Is he back with his Mrs now? Saw on his Insta last night he posted a pic with her..
If it's the case she's a very forgiving women.

Nah that isn't his ex Abby, both have new partners.

Yep. She made it pretty clear with that article/interview that outside of helping to raise their kids, she doesn’t want anything to do with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is it, having him in Bombers colours? Seriously. I am still pinching myself he’s at bomberland. So excited!
I cant remember a trade period i've been more happier with from us.
And looking through the draft, really i would have only hoped we snagged a 2nd rounder in from somewhere for someone to land Constable considering how late he went. But really thats a cherry on the cake scenario for the off-season.

How good is it, having him in Bombers colours? Seriously. I am still pinching myself he’s at bomberland. So excited!

I think cos he seems like he might be a bit of a dick, or at least he's made some stupid decisions outside of footy, people have almost forgotten how good of a footballer he can be.

In 2015, he was the best non-KPP forward in the league not named Eddie.

Until he is playing solid footy week in week out and stays out of trouble I'm not going to have much confidence in him (don't get me wrong the trade was worth undertaking the risk given the price and potential rewards).
Just worried about another potential Fev situation.
Pre-season everyone that isn't injured is ripping it up according to the media.
You may have to rely on hindsight for this one Captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back