Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

JUDE Mk2 !!

Kennedy,Jack,Jude,Parker,McGlynn....

Swans midfield is one tough group. I expect us to get a lot of the contested footy this weekend. Welcome back Luke

I L<3VE IT!
Woo Good Lukeing :)

Can someone make a picture of Luke with half of his face missing like Terminator? That would be the perfect avatar lol.

What a beast.

What a superstar this kid is, man I wish we had him at Pie land, goes as hard as Luke Ball and I would say has more strings to his bow as he can go forward and kick goals.

I'll be watching him closely this year!

Makes a complete goose of Old McDonald. He gets 2 weeks and Parker misses none.

Some statement Sheeds ! 'GWS are a bunch of piss-ant snipers who can't take out a newbie'

Next time he'll think twice about trying to take out a Blood.

Great effort by the young lad! Tough as nails...I saw his fitness test was copping a whack to the jaw by his old man.

I see he's named on the bench (unlike round one when he was named on a wing)...what are his chances of being the sub?

Not very high I would think. Hasn't missed a game and is in good form. Then again, its not very obvious to me who should be the sub, though ROK has had very limited match practice...

Thread deserves a bump after his performance against Port. Probably only his second real standout performance from memory (GC last year was the other one) but there is a lot to get excited about with him.

Absolute gun.

Has gone past Jack, Hanneberry, Bolton, Bird, McVeigh, ROK and many others within the space of 1 pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a big call to make after only two stand out games in his career. Purely on 2012 form you're probably right though, I'd have Jack just ahead of him so far. Signs are very good though.

Seems like a big call but really he set up the platform late last season with some very, very promising performances.

Parker has always been a monster in close with his physical strength but he's added a few tricks in avoiding would-be tacklers with a shimmy, a step and also his ability to get his arms up and free to dish off the handball part of his arsenal now.

I have loved the way Luke Parker has been playing his footy from the get go! :thumbsu: A real tough and highly skilled young player who can win plenty of the ball, also drift forward kick goals and best of all he is only 19. Sydney has a ripper on their hands. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back