3 best midfielders in 2007.

Remove this Banner Ad

It depends on what your looking for. Eg. Most improved, best season, best form, best ball user, best team player etc.

A lot of you seem to be having different ideas because you are looking at different aspects.

Why dont we all just follow this guideline:

2 of Bartel, Judd and Ablett + our favourite midfielder from our team because we are biased:rolleyes:

Bartel, ABlett and Judd for mine

best - judd, dal santo and bartel (even though he plays wing). new telent - pendlebury, foley and pridus and the best "oldies" - hird, lockyer and BUCKLEY (BEST EVER)

I think he meant in a four man comparison with Luke Hodge.

Hodge has spent about 30-40% of his gametime in the midfield this year. The rest of the time he's been Forward, Quarterback and even played kpp defender for a little bit.

Hodge = best utility in the AFL

now back onto the best 3 midfielders..... Shannon Grant????? Plays forward more often than not... wouldn't be in the top 20 midfielders

Judd, G Ablett are the two most damaging midfield players in the AFL.

Bartel is a very good clearance player as well as Foley who has come along in leaps and bounds this year.

'Boomer' Harvey can tear teams apart but i must admit haven't seen enough of the roos to rate him top in 3 mids in the AFL.

Kerr is capable of judd-like games but most WCE supporters (like me) recognize that judd is more damaging on a more consistent basis, under the heavy tag week in and out and has never failed to stand up in september. Its funnny a bad game for Judd is 20-odd possies and a goal whilst anyone else who does that is close to BOG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

best - judd, dal santo and bartel (even though he plays wing). new telent - pendlebury, foley and pridus and the best "oldies" - hird, lockyer and BUCKLEY (BEST EVER)

He starts 50/50 in the square and on the wing at the centre bounce. Doesn't make the set up so predictable. Just because he starts there, doesn't mean he plays as a wingman. He plays as a ruck rover from there.

He starts 50/50 in the square and on the wing at the centre bounce. Doesn't make the set up so predictable. Just because he starts there, doesn't mean he plays as a wingman. He plays as a ruck rover from there.

i didn't say he didn't. if i did i wouldn't of put him in the top 3 midfielders

West Judd and Bartel 3 mid-fielders

Cooney has more goals then Harvey as does Headland this is the case that has been presented for Harvey which Steve Johnson has 19 also.
So something else has to be applied other then that for him.

Shannon Grant has nothing on Brad Johnson and Harvey often finds himself in the same role.
Whoever mentioned grant was clearly having a brain fade.

West Judd and Bartel 3 mid-fielders

Shannon Grant has nothing on Brad Johnson and Harvey often finds himself in the same role.
Whoever mentioned grant was clearly having a brain fade.

shannon grant has been very dissapointing this season and needs to lift if roos want to make finals. i wouldn't put grant in my top 25 midfielders

Gary Ablett Jnr, Brent Harvey and Chris Judd.

Bartel isn't too far behind, but the other three are more damaging.
After Bartel there is a bit of a gap to the next best.

Judd averages the most possessions
Boomer averages the most goals
Ablett sits in between in both catergories.

All three are regularly getting hard tags and smashing them.

As has been mentioned Cooney has one more goal than Harvey. And he kicked the most goals out of all midfielders last year. Harvey's a better player but Cooney is the best midfielder at getting the ball through the big sticks. Harvey would be right up there amongst midfielders, top 6 or 7, but I dunno about top 3. And Judd's not averaging the most possesions :cool:

As has been mentioned Cooney has one but I dunno about top 3. And Judd's not averaging the most possesions :cool:

since when has getting possesions mean if ur playing well or not. judd dosn't rack up the kick and handballs but when he does get an opportunity he is the most damaging player in the league

no, no, no.... you see the prevailing fact/point here is one which states you are biased.

after watching your team lose to North Melbourne,

again and again.... x infinity

over time, you've evidently developed a deep seeded hatred toward the football club.

rendering you incapable of presenting an objective opinion on this serious discussion.
Didn't we.....kinda sorta... beat you this year?.... wait lemme check......
Kangaroos 2.4 5.4 7.6 10.10 70
Hawthorn 1.3 3.6 8.12 13.13 91
yeh that right.... we did!
Your still grasping at straws though i see...

i cant see brent harvey in the top 5 honestly i would have the following players above him.

Judd
Ablett
Foley
Bartel
Dal Santo
Hodge
Mitchell

Just my opinon and im trying not to be biased

As has been mentioned Cooney has one more goal than Harvey. And he kicked the most goals out of all midfielders last year. Harvey's a better player but Cooney is the best midfielder at getting the ball through the big sticks. Harvey would be right up there amongst midfielders, top 6 or 7, but I dunno about top 3. And Judd's not averaging the most possesions :cool:

Judd is avergaing the most possessions out of the three I listed (which are the best three this year you idiots!!).

As you mentioned, Harvey is a better player than Cooney and gets a fair bit more of the ball and is locked down with a heavy tag every week (though you would know the way he has been smashing them). We don't send Rawlings to Cooney, we send him to West - for obvious reasons.

Gary Ablett and Harvey have been doing similiar things this year. Playing midfield, breaking tags, using the ball beautifully and kicking lots of goals. As has Judd.

They are a step above Foley, Mitchell, Kerr this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back