AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering, if he did have the 8 week recovery and we didn't want him playing AFL after 8 weeks on the sidelines, would we be able to get special permission for him to play for, say, Werribee that round in the VFL? A side unaffiliated to any AFL club like how Pierce for St. Kilda is playing for Frankston this year.

I'd say Coburg but unfortunately my Lions also have a bye that week :(.

I doubt we'd go through something like that with a blue chip prospect.

Interesting about Pierce. What's the go with that?

I doubt we'd go through something like that with a blue chip prospect.

Interesting about Pierce. What's the go with that?
St. Kilda's part time ruck coach is the head coach at Frankston and wanted to work with Pierce more so asked the VFL if Pierce could play for the Dolphins this year and got permission to do so

Thumbs look ok to me lol
So worsfold is up to his tanking tricks again well that's just great drag our club through the mud and try to pick up another spoon again my dad barracked for st kilda he always said you might as well win the spoon because there's only two clubs ever win anything you're either first or your last i guess

St. Kilda's part time ruck coach is the head coach at Frankston and wanted to work with Pierce more so asked the VFL if Pierce could play for the Dolphins this year and got permission to do so

Ah I see, thanks. Bit of a different situation though. Not sure the club would even entertain the idea of him playing for another club even if it's for a week. He would've missed 8, another week isn't going to do much in the grand scheme of things.

Ah I see, thanks. Bit of a different situation though. Not sure the club would even entertain the idea of him playing for another club even if it's for a week. He would've missed 8, another week isn't going to do much in the grand scheme of things.
Yeah, that's fair enough. The SANFL used to have a similar rule a few of years ago where if an AFL player could line up for a different side if their SANFL side had a bye. Heard Hamish Hartlett talk about it on the Shield coverage (as a guest commentator) where he was coming back from one of his many injuries and lined up for Glenelg one week and then played against them the following week. That was at the time where the Adelaide and Port players were scattered across the different teams though.

Hopefully back in time to play VFL finals. Looks like we're every chance to have a serious crack this year.

Hopefully back in time to play VFL finals. Looks like we're every chance to have a serious crack this year.
We're notorious as flat track bullies in the VFL. Let's see if we can get good results against some better sides first. I won't buy into the hype until I see us against Box Hill, Casey and Richmond after the bye. If we can win two of those then we'll be a chance.

So worsfold is up to his tanking tricks again well that's just great drag our club through the mud and try to pick up another spoon again my dad barracked for st kilda he always said you might as well win the spoon because there's only two clubs ever win anything you're either first or your last i guess

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s hope this is a blessing in disguise and results in him developing a non vanilla skill set ie becoming a Treloar-esq gut running mid.

They said eight weeks when he broke his thumb a month ago. Now they're saying this:

In better news, gun midfielder Darcy Parish stepped up his training on Tuesday as he recovers from a significant thumb injury.

“Darcy had his first go at handling the football today with that hand, thumb and wrist and that went well,” Crow said.

“He’ll be gradually progressing that over the back end of this week and the weekend.

“We’re hopeful then that all going well, (he) would certainly have done enough running to be available to play. It’s whether or not he can handle the football and tackle and do all those other things that the game requires.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-06-26/skins-injury-update-rd-15

Presumably if he plays, it would be at VFL level. But it's only been like five weeks? Or is the 'eight weeks' they said when he broke it inclusive of a few games in the VFL? :drunk:

They said eight weeks when he broke his thumb a month ago. Now they're saying this:

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-06-26/skins-injury-update-rd-15

Presumably if he plays, it would be at VFL level. But it's only been like five weeks? Or is the 'eight weeks' they said when he broke it inclusive of a few games in the VFL? :drunk:
So they said eight weeks but it could be a few weeks shorter or a few weeks longer. The average is 8. I read it as between 6 and 10 but expected 10 cos it's us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back