AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked his game, his kicking still lets him down though he really needs to work on it over the off-season

Feels like he rushes himself. Has plenty of time in situations but misskicks it due to thinking he has pressure on him. 1 of the biggest flaws in his game atm. Will get it plenty of times but needs to use it better

Feels like he rushes himself. Has plenty of time in situations but misskicks it due to thinking he has pressure on him. 1 of the biggest flaws in his game atm. Will get it plenty of times but needs to use it better
Yep, just needs to compose himself for a split second

Liked what I saw last week.

Was more inclined to run, carry & kick & take the opponent on. This 2nd/3rd phase development is wht will take him to the next level, than being a mere find ball, handball player.

He’s good enough, just needs to back himself in.

Fantastic in the first half, awful in the second. Good to get a win on a milestone, but very disappointing that he struggled to run out the game.
Particularly since he was meant to be working on his running in lieu of his thumb injury... he hardly touched it second half. Was he tagged?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t say awful, I barely saw him play in the centre after half time, for whatever reason he wasn’t given the same amount of time in the middle compared to the first half
He had 16 disposals to half-time and finished the game with 18.

He was 82% TOG so it's not like he was on the bench for the whole second half..

Does anyone know what role he was playing in that second half?

He's doing fine for a third year player. Our expectations are skewed because A) He had to come into the team and take up a key role straight away and B) He acquitted himself better than anyone would have thought. He's had to adjust to being number 6 or 7 in the midfield rankings rather than 3 or 4, it's a bit of a shift.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back