AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Got hitched over the weekend!
Got hitched over the weekend.

Here’s hoping monogamy means he’s not just going to swan around following the footy and actually get his hands dirty this year, contract year and everything.

Got hitched over the weekend.

Here’s hoping monogamy means he’s not just going to swan around following the footy and actually get his hands dirty this year, contract year and everything.
You reckon his girlfriend set a minimum average possessions number before she would say yes?

I come in peace (and from a fantasy football perspective). Anything of note with Darcy's preseason - has it been a solid base and he has looked good in match sim? any niggles or injury concerns?

All the best for Friday night, hope both our teams can break back through into the Top 8.

I come in peace (and from a fantasy football perspective). Anything of note with Darcy's preseason - has it been a solid base and he has looked good in match sim? any niggles or injury concerns?

All the best for Friday night, hope both our teams can break back through into the Top 8.
He looks primed to capture his best form again IMO. Was a bit lost/nonplussed last year (as was much of the team once it was clear the coach had lost them). Aparently has had a great preseason. He even layed a few tackles last week.

Early days, but players seemed to have bought in with Scott.

There was a weird vibe in the group last year.. and Darcy seemed to be the prime mover of discontent.. If I recall he and Shiel had a couple of 'moments' on the field too.

Is very important that Parish gets back to his best and that he and Merrett can win around the stoppages.

There was a weird vibe in the group last year.. and Darcy seemed to be the prime mover of discontent.. If I recall he and Shiel had a couple of 'moments' on the field too.

Is very important that Parish gets back to his best and that he and Merrett can win around the stoppages.
Shiel is thought to be a bit of a teachers pet with Truck so probably one demanding to stick to coaches plan and the other already lost to the coaching style and agitating for something else

Shiel is thought to be a bit of a teachers pet with Truck so probably one demanding to stick to coaches plan and the other already lost to the coaching style and agitating for something else
Was letting opposition players run through the middle of the ground unchecked a part of Rutten's plan, because I recall Shiel arguing with another player over that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully just played his worst game of the year.

He looked hungry last week and nonplussed this week. He would want to be careful, don't think Scott will hesitate to drop him for that.

Yeah, nobody should be safe from poor performances.
You can bust your gut but things just don't go your way and you have a poor performance as a result. That's ok if the effort is there and you're playing the team game.

Nobody should be safe from lacklustre don't give a crap performances

You can bust your gut but things just don't go your way and you have a poor performance as a result. That's ok if the effort is there and you're playing the team game.

Nobody should be safe from lacklustre don't give a crap performances
Absolutely!

If Darcy opts for free agency I don’t think will be disappointed. We know his ceiling not sure he gets us to a flag. Caldwell, perk and Hobbs will need midfield time and top compensation pick make it a win win I think for all involved.

If Darcy opts for free agency I don’t think will be disappointed. We know his ceiling not sure he gets us to a flag. Caldwell, perk and Hobbs will need midfield time and top compensation pick make it a win win I think for all involved.
If we only get 2nd round compo for Darcy would you be disappointed? I wonder how many people want him gone for whatever-we-can-get vs cash him in for a top 5 pick. There is a good chance that Darcy doesn’t get offers that trigger band 1.

If we only get 2nd round compo for Darcy would you be disappointed? I wonder how many people want him gone for whatever-we-can-get vs cash him in for a top 5 pick. There is a good chance that Darcy doesn’t get offers that trigger band 1.
I think it will depend what Darcy emerges under Scott. If it's the same old same old, we'd be better off moving him on for whatever we can get. Redeveloping the culture with our youngsters is always more important than an individual.

I reckon the media pumped Darcy up so much in 21 that he thought he was bigger than the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back