Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

athleticism, err football skills such as kicking. reid has him covered in every single area. its just a matter of time.

however, while zerk is playing well wouldn't it be wise to maximise his value and shop him round seeing as he's relatively dispensable to our list?

Reid has a higher ceiling given his height and athletic profile, but BZT is proving to be a capable AFL level KPD which we actually need. No reason to shop him around IMO.

Reid still has to gain the size and strength to compete toe-to-toe with AFL sized KPF's.

sorry but when is bzt actually doing this? apart from larkey, who plays for the worst team since we had all our players bannned.

BZT has been quite serviceable since returning to the side in Round 16 at AFL level, ergo AFL sized KPF's.

People have a strange vendetta against the kid.

No he's not the AA beast Hooker was.

You think they're too slight?
Yeh I think so. I posted the below information a little while back in the Jones thread. I think BZT is giving away a few too many kg's to his opponent which makes him vulnerable in a one on one marking situation.

Previous Post (about Jones and key forwards but you can see who he'd be matched up against):
I’m going by the old metric of height (in cm) minus 100 equals approximate ideal playing weight (obviously slightly role dependent). According to our website Jones is 196cm and 88kg. BZT is listed as 195cm and 89kg. Some key forwards of note:

Harry McKay - 204cm/104kg
Charlie Curnow - 192cm/96kg
Tom Lynch - 199cm/100kg
Jeremy Cameron - 196cm/96kg
Tom Hawkins - 198cm/103kg
Ben Brown - 200cm/101kg
Lance Franklin - 199cm/106kg
Jack Riewoldt - 193cm/92kg
Brody Mihocek - 192cm/97kg
Aaron Naughton - 195cm/93kg

BZT is anywhere between 3kg and 17kg undersized in comparison to his likely opponents.

Yeh I think so. I posted the below information a little while back in the Jones thread. I think BZT is giving away a few too many kg's to his opponent which makes him vulnerable in a one on one marking situation.

Previous Post (about Jones and key forwards but you can see who he'd be matched up against):
I’m going by the old metric of height (in cm) minus 100 equals approximate ideal playing weight (obviously slightly role dependent). According to our website Jones is 196cm and 88kg. BZT is listed as 195cm and 89kg. Some key forwards of note:

Tom Lynch - 199cm/100kg
Ben Brown - 200cm/101kg

BZT is anywhere between 3kg and 17kg undersized in comparison to his likely opponents.

Hawkins being lighter than Franklin is a good chuckle.

Tom Lynch - 199cm/100kg
Ben Brown - 200cm/101kg

Is Mihocek 192cm!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow sounds like you could say he’s actually a pretty handy 1-on-1 defender! Imagine that.
Yeah, I can't imagine anyone saying that he's only won enough 1-on-1's to count on one hand since returning.

Wow….hasn't the penny dropped!

His positioning, reading of the play, closing speed, one on one competitiveness, decision making & disposal have improved out of sight! Dare I say there’s a little of Alex Rance about him….

Didn’t see this coming, but for now we have a genuine FB, that gives us more flexibility & time to develop Reid b/w CHB & FB.

Wow….hasn't the penny dropped!

His positioning, reading of the play, closing speed, one on one competitiveness, decision making & disposal have improved out of sight! Dare I say there’s a little of Alex Rance about him….

Didn’t see this coming, but for now we have a genuine FB, that gives us more flexibility & time to develop Reid b/w CHB & FB.
His field kicking has been a highlight. Penetrating kicks to position that sets up forward run.

Tom Lynch - 199cm/100kg
Ben Brown - 200cm/101kg

Could it be possible that BZT can't put on too many more kgs because he needs to retain the speed he has?

Bzt just highlights how much time some KP players need and maybe not to write them off too early.
Yep. I had my doubts but he has just gained confidence as the year has gone on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back