Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt think it was possible but is he doing a Hooker?

sexual GIF

Reminds me of Michael Johnson, in that always looks like he's beaten but he glides along and thinks his way through.
My confidence is growing in him.

I'll put my hand up and say that I thought he was a mug. Has easily proven me wrong and is showing he can be a reliable part of the 22.

All of his skills and attributes are well documented here, so I won't repeat them. But what I will highlight are his efforts that sometimes go unnoticed or unheralded. 11:30~ in the 4th where he sprints to touch the goal on the line which, if GC kicked it, would've taken them back to an 8 point deficit and may have swung the game. I see efforts like this then compare them to something like Stewart's goal line effort last year. Chalk and cheese in terms of effort and intent. Have to keep rewarding young players like that.

Yeah, I'll put my hand up and say that I thought he was a complete spud. But surely, that was put to bed in the back half of last year. It shouldn't be a discussion anymore. Jones, on the other hand.
Jones is interesting, does a couple of special things then goes missing. TBH, I still think he will be a great player but needs VFL time IMO.

When Weiderman comes back I would give Jones a few VFL games.

Though having said that, Scott mentioned he was happy with Jones's game and he did all the team things. I didn't watch him close enough.

Jones is interesting, does a couple of special things then goes missing. TBH, I still think he will be a great player but needs VFL time IMO.

When Weiderman comes back I would give Jones a few VFL games.

Though having said that, Scott mentioned he was happy with Jones's game and he did all the team things. I didn't watch him close enough.

Jones covered 15km and drew defenders away from guys like Langford, I can see why Scott was happy enough with his game

Jones covered 15km and drew defenders away from guys like Langford, I can see why Scott was happy enough with his game
All this time we've been crying out for unselfish players that run both ways. Finally get a few buying into it and we want to put them in the VFL coz they're not a front running stat-padder.

I think ultimately if you win well, you shouldn't really be dropping anyone unless you absolutely have to for structural reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running 15k is great. He needs to stick marks on the wing though. The point of having that tall half-forward is to have a target to play through. Kick from half-back -> Mark -> handball -> break the line -> long kick to the hot spot or lower the eyes and hit up someone 45 from goal. Dragging a defender around is only half the job.

Running 15k is great. He needs to stick marks on the wing though. The point of having that tall half-forward is to have a target to play through. Kick from half-back -> Mark -> handball -> break the line -> long kick to the hot spot or lower the eyes and hit up someone 45 from goal. Dragging a defender around is only half the job.
He was literally the only tall forward against GC and was playing on one of the best key defenders in the AFL.

Sounds like just a simple rolled ankle and he’ll be right for Saturday night?

Club has gone a bit radio silent on this one which is concerning

Ankle injury, test for Round 3, needs to get through training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back