Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted him arseholed.

Time to re-assess probably.

He's locking down, playing within himself & contributing to a very solid back half.

I'm not necessarily getting on my knees about him being a locked in integral part of the back 6, but he's been ******* great really the last month or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. I will admit I was wrong.

Respect.

It's amazing what a different coach and different strategies can do for a player.

Gees he's been so sure and calm the last few weeks and he is moving through traffic so well.

He's playing with purpose, because he's not having to deal with convoluted tactics.

I’ve always been critical of his leadership but over the last 3 weeks he really has been playing authority.

He is also spotting up shorter targets a lot better rather than kicking long down the line all the time.

34 touches @91% 7 marks and 540m is as good a game you’ll see from a half back.

Please keep it up.

He's locking down, playing within himself & contributing to a very solid back half.

The biggest part for me. He's playing tighter and pressuring up on opponents. He'll never be Pittard / Williams level of tight defending but when he starts from that basis and only attacks as suits he looks like a different player. Hard not to suspect that he was designated "attacking" HBF under the last system and trying too hard to make things happen. Good few weeks at this point.

Taking the easy option and not trying things out of his limitations has helped. Last night he had the chance to swing onto his left, and no doubt would have turned it over, but propped and ended up chipping backwards 20m and his right and maintaining possession. He’s never done that.

He played well for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back