Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bruce goal where he seemed to just ball watch for a split second, then lost position, proceeded to get hit in the face by our own player trying to regain position, which meant he ended up 5m from Bruce who pretty much took an uncontested mark 25m out, sums him up.

He can mark, he can run, he's a decent size.

But by god is he a horrific defender when it's left to him to get it done.

In a blink of an eye we are going to have another D grade 200 game player.

The Bruce goal where he seemed to just ball watch for a split second, then lost position, proceeded to get hit in the face by our own player trying to regain position, which meant he ended up 5m from Bruce who pretty much took an uncontested mark 25m out, sums him up.

He can mark, he can run, he's a decent size.

But by god is he a horrific defender when it's left to him to get it done.

In a blink of an eye we are going to have another D grade 200 game player.
It was the double fist spoil in a 2v1 contest that gave me aids, the slow replay of the uncontested Bruce mark gave me another dose of aids.

He was on the run, the other two were stationary.. He leaps up, double fisted it out if play? What the actual *? Snake baker, eat your *in words. He’s *in cooked

Like Atley, after promising youth years, they have stopped dead at a certain level comfortable to them.
Nailed it.

These guys have almost two decades of AFL experience between them and still display the same bad habits and shortcomings on a weekly basis. If the club's willing to accept such mediocrity, it goes without saying that all we can reasonably expect to achieve is mediocrity.

The only thing McMillan is achieving is stifling the chance to play someone that actually might be capable of becoming an AFL footballer.

Some people on here start tugging away if he plays an average game, it’s pathetic for a player with his experience to be sh*t more often than not.

That one on one with West was my highlight of the weekend. I want that in Gif and on standby for anyone who defends him from this day forward.

The people with eyes have been saying the same s**t for 8 years.

Hayden after 4 games is already ahead.

Perez only had to successfully navigate the walk from the Uber to the change room to be a better prospect.

For the 1 millionth time... defenders can either defend or attack or do both successfully; all our defenders do not do either well enough outside of Taz and Hayden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At my house it gets put out in the shed ready for hard rubbish.
With J Mac, we'll go through the motions of hawking him around during trade week (the AFL equivalent of Gumtree) hoping for a nibble, before conceding that we're deluded and chucking him out on the nature strip.

NO! He is fu**in useless by foot. fu** mate, Chuck him off the fu**in list

He's had extended periods of his career where he has been more than serviceable streaming forward and kicking it long to a target. Been a while since I've seen that though. *shrug* Doesn't change the fact that I suspect his 'leadership' does more harm than good with some of the calls he makes, and that he has some seriously bad defensive attributes that get exploited.

My thinking is similar to what TAO says, in that he plays better when there are better blokes around him. Unfortunately the blokes around him are generally a handful of players with their own serious failings and we have better options for any other position he might otherwise play.

He could easily end up staying if we cut a handful of our other very flawed players, but it's just as likely he's one of the ones first off the block.

At this stage I wouldn't miss him or Atley. Seen enough to last me a lifetime. They've simply never improved on their flaws, and in Jmac's case he doesn't even have an elite attribute to continue to fail to capitalise on, unlike Atley.

People see what they want to see, he was in our better 50% last night. At least he can take an intercept mark, and kick the football halfways decently. He’s far from the perfect player but I’m sick of half-cut blokes on their couches questioning his courage as he backs into packs over and over again.

Chuck him on a wing!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree , have had many a heated conversation bout exactly that . But we like treacle Dumont on a wing . I like Froggie as much as the next fan. But hes too *en slow for a wing or midfield . When he’s in the guts he needs to start running when the umpire holds the ball above his head . Dumont then has a chance to impact the contest

People see what they want to see, he was in our better 50% last night. At least he can take an intercept mark, and kick the football halfways decently. He’s far from the perfect player but I’m sick of half-cut blokes on their couches questioning his courage as he backs into packs over and over again.
Our better 50% was still shithouse last night. But he does take a lot of those marks for a squib.

Would have won v the Hawks with him? Maybe...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back