AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - What a guy! đź’… 3 goals in his 100th - 20/5

Remove this Banner Ad

That young girl would've felt so special watching that match. Well done Guelf, it's a joy to not just see a player develop in their game, but grow as a person, boy becoming man kinda stuff. Don't underestimate what that does to the culture of a team.

Also, this kind of player is a coaches wet dream. Wish we had a few more Guelfs. But looking at the last few games, the mindset is spread to the whole squad.

That young girl would've felt so special watching that match. Well done Guelf, it's a joy to not just see a player develop in their game, but grow as a person, boy becoming man kinda stuff. Don't underestimate what that does to the culture of a team.

Also, this kind of player is a coaches wet dream. Wish we had a few more Guelfs. But looking at the last few games, the mindset is spread to the whole squad.
When she said "I believe in you", I reckon that would've hit that soft spot for Guelfi that every tough nut has. I'm really glad he had the opportunity to follow through with the promise.

congrats on 100 games, been an interesting 100 games. Started fwd, moved back, tried everywhere but settling fwd. Has real Mark Baguley vibes to his 100 games

Congratulations on your 100th game young man , I’ve watched every game which means I’ve seen 100 Essendon games and even have some Essendon players as my favourite players , been very hard to be in this forum with some of the stuff that gets written about the players , the club and the coaches , I used to think people just didn’t know better but I think it’s just a passion for your club and frustration at a bit of lack of success , anyway I’m a guelf fan and I hope he has another 100 more after this one

He's a good forward imo. Time to stop labelling him as someone we need to upgrade on
Fair call on what he has done this year. Good mark for a small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back