Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

who's he friends with?

McGrath. Was apparently jumping around like mad about Clarke being drafted to the same club, he just wanted him to he in Melbourne still.

The only issue with him is his kicking. Needs work in the same way Colyer needed work on his. It is something they need to work on but it is not hopeless.
Get it right and he will be the bargain of the draft as he does everything else well. Inside machine with great hands and work rate and runs all day.

How do you rate him for winning his own ball in a jobe-esque way? I know hes good around stoppages, but is he that in and under type player like Watson? Kicking myself that I couldnt get to see more of him this year
Yeah he is similar in the Watson mould around the stoppages, reacts quickly to the ruckman and gets his arms up. His game in the first final was the best ive seen him play, kicking had improved and created so much with his clearance work. He will only get better learning from guys like Jobe i reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the bizarro Mathieson.

Best mate of our first pick but not a complete headcase

Nothing would please me more than Clarke shotgunning goal celebrations.

He's a bit of an endurance machine, the boy. Finished 3rd in the 3km time trial with a 9:52 and equal second top beep test with 14.12 at the combine. Not bad numbers for a 187-190cm, 85kg inside midfielder.

Also top 10 in the kicking test (so he is at least capable of having a good day).

Dodoro was talking about filling holes on the list. A young, big bodied inside bull is certainly one of those holes (with the added bonus of being able to run). Yoda_ should be happy with this.

Eastern Ranges talent manager "I watched GWS versus Sydney, first final, and i just thought, "Dyl Clarke will be sitting there with a bit of drool coming out of his mouth". That's him - just a competitive, inside animal with a beautiful feel for the game around stoppages and ability to win his own footy inside. Can play different roles as well, he's done some really good stoppage and stopping roles. I guess the knock on him might be his kicking a little bit, but he works within his limitations. Hes an ultimate professional, hes going to get a 99 (VCE score), really studious and hell thrive in an AFL environment in terms of being one of those kids that loves the structure, loves the information coming back at him and being able to process all that."

Strengths: Competitiveness, Size, Diligence
Needs To Improve: Kicking

Yoda_ should be happy with this.

Cheers for the tag pal. Yeah, super stoked. A nice size for that new age inside midfielder at 187cm, clean in close and as has been mentioned, will need to maybe work on decision making more so than completely refining his kicking action.

Could be a really good value selection this late in the draft,a draft in which I can comfortably say I am happy with.

It almost feels like we have tried to draft player types to match Watson (Clarke), Goddard (Ridley) and Stanton (Mutch) this draft. Not saying they will be same quality or anything but if you were to regard each player as being representative of an archetype I would say that we have gotten similar types.

Can we please call him DK mode or Bobble? 99 VCE, wat! Probably fell down the pack, as he could potentially want to do medicine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back