Past Dan Hannebery - traded 2018, to St Kilda for packet of Samboys (BBQ)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's so ******* sad watching Hannebery play right now. He doesn't even look like he's enjoying footy because he's just being ran off his legs by opponents who are considerably inferior than himself.

How Longmire hasn't rested him is one of the biggest indictments of his coaching tenure IMO. Running a club great into the ground.

He's easily our most targeted player on a weekly basis by opposition teams. I love him but he's a liability to the team if we have this weakened version of Hannebery who can be easily preyed upon by his opponents. IMO he needs a stint in the reserves. Get him playing a bit of cruise control footy in the NEAFL, back into the rhythm of running both ways and being creative by hand, doing all the things he's been so great at for so long. Then ease him back into the senior side. He'll be important come finals time and he's too valuable to run into the ground.

He's easily our most targeted player on a weekly basis by opposition teams. I love him but he's a liability to the team if we have this weakened version of Hannebery who can be easily preyed upon by his opponents. IMO he needs a stint in the reserves. Get him playing a bit of cruise control footy in the NEAFL, back into the rhythm of running both ways and being creative by hand, doing all the things he's been so great at for so long. Then ease him back into the senior side. He'll be important come finals time and he's too valuable to run into the ground.

Should that standard apply for Aliir or do we just go with his 2016 form & not ask him to replicate it the NEAFL before he gets recalled?

He looks a bit weak and undone physically but I wouldn't panic just yet. Particularly late he laid on a few classy touches for teammates- his handpassing has always been top notch - and made a few big effort runs to get into space which he wasn't rewarded for. Give him some time and I think he'll work his way into better form, but he definitely gets targeted by opposition. It felt like he was getting slammed every time he touched it.

Should that standard apply for Aliir or do we just go with his 2016 form & not ask him to replicate it the NEAFL before he gets recalled?

I wouldn’t want Aliir playing in the side if he was carrying any injuries or niggles. That’s part of the reason I think he was mismanaged. If he was carrying an injury all last year, he shouldn’t have even been playing NEAFL let alone senior footy. With Hannebery, I think he’s just out of rhythm from being injured for so long. Different scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hanner's game is being compared unfairly to Hanners when he is fully fit & playing more game time.
Hanners spent 62% time on ground.
He had the equal most inside 50 entries of 7 as did Hewitt, 88% game time.
He was our 7th most efficient ball user at 76.5%.
He's going ok Hanners.

It's Hanners this week is it?

Last week we "won't miss Mills", despite him getting 5-6 intercept marks in the first quarter last week, totally setting up our game.

This week it's Hanners, who had a decent game and a very good last quarter.

Do you guys watch the game, or just jump on the week's meme?

It's Hanners this week is it?

Last week we "won't miss Mills", despite him getting 5-6 intercept marks in the first quarter last week, totally setting up our game.

This week it's Hanners, who had a decent game and a very good last quarter.

Do you guys watch the game, or just jump on the week's meme?
Hahaha I couldn't agree more

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Hanner's game is being compared unfairly to Hanners when he is fully fit & playing more game time.
Hanners spent 62% time on ground.
He had the equal most inside 50 entries of 7 as did Hewitt, 88% game time.
He was our 7th most efficient ball user at 76.5%.
He's going ok Hanners.

I agree. I'm not sure if I'd be playing him in an inside role though, he was forced to play inside previously because the midfield needed help, but I don't think his body can handle it. He's no Ryan O'Keefe.

I agree. I'm not sure if I'd be playing him in an inside role though, he was forced to play inside previously because the midfield needed help, but I don't think his body can handle it. He's no Ryan O'Keefe.

Yeah I guess but he seems to thrive on the inside stuff & though he gets hit & has a bit of a grimace, the guy gets on with the job, though not as his elite best, but still well ahead of the next person in line.
I personally would like to trust the guy.

Think people just wonder why Hanners didn’t play twos first, if he’s only playing 60% of the game why is he in the seniors half fit
That's a reasonable call but obviously those that really know, his coaches & team mates, feel he is best served alongside them in the seniors.
We are winning I guess & that is all that matters.

That's a reasonable call but obviously those that really know, his coaches & team mates, feel he is best served alongside them in the seniors.
We are winning I guess & that is all that matters.

Agree

Just a point of discussion. The pitch fork is in the shed. I would be careful as teams target him big time for attention, I Just want to see a fully fit Hannebery in the side asap

Think people just wonder why Hanners didn’t play twos first, if he’s only playing 60% of the game why is he in the seniors half fit

It's either a half fit Hanners or a fully fit Robinson or Foote. :p

Oh so eat what mum cooked, or grab some poo from the toilet?

I admit part of me just wanted to see the reaction if I mentioned Foote's name (he was actually listed as having a toe injury last week), but let's face facts, our inside mid depth isn't fantastic.

I admit part of me just wanted to see the reaction if I mentioned Foote's name (he was actually listed as having a toe injury last week), but let's face facts, our inside mid depth isn't fantastic.

Oh well we are winning so it’s all good I guess’

He shouldn’t yell like a prick at team mates for poor kicks given how often he butchers it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back