Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this "us" nonsense? Not everyone read Souup's opinion and jumped off the cliff lemming style. This bloke looks to be exactly what we need and what we were cursing Glenn Luff over - a tall, mature, mobile defender.
Should be 'prove us miserable sooks wrong. I've never seen you play, but I'm not happy, prove us wrong'

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

"He’s got good speed, good judgement in the air and he’s been quite skilful and safe with the ball in hand."

**** me Brady, how the hell do you lie to a whole fanbase's face like this.

Dear me, there is no nicer way to put this….

You are an insufferable campaigner and you have never laid eyes on Kallan before watching some videos today.

You’re not a recruiter pal, you’re a two-bit know it all on the internet whose opinion is irrelevant.

There’s the same highlights of him on the Willi Insta account that show his kicking after the mark.
All 3 kicks found the target.
He’s actually kicking at 73% this year which is not disgraceful. Obviously could be better.
Still very disappointed that we didn’t pick D’Ambrosio, especially given that he’s gone to the scum, however I’m happy to reserve judgement until we see a sample of games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dear me, there is no nicer way to put this….

You are an insufferable campaigner and you have never laid eyes on Kallan before watching some videos today.

You’re not a recruiter pal, you’re a two-bit know it all on the internet whose opinion is irrelevant.
I watched almost every kick, handball, mark and defensive contest he was involved in in the VFL this year in the last couple of days.

And yes, I actually do some work for a club as a recruiter.

I post here to help others get a grasp of players in drafts and their strengths and weaknesses. I literally have nothing to gain from posting anything on here other than my love of footy and wanting others to benefit from some resources and knowledge I have.

But anyway I'll * off. * it.

Last edited:
"He’s got good speed, good judgement in the air and he’s been quite skilful and safe with the ball in hand."

**** me Brady, how the hell do you lie to a whole fanbase's face like this.
Brady only watches our players - so yes he might be skilful next to them 🤣

Anyway good luck KD and kick ass

I watched almost every kick, handball, mark and defensive contest he was involved in in the VFL this year in the last couple of days.

But anyway I'll happily see myself out, **** it.

Ok I see we’ve entered the Richmond phase.

The positive about all this, Campbells, is if Knightmare can get a job in the industry - your phone must be ringing off the hook with potential gigs.

Silver linings.

I post here to help others get a grasp of players in drafts and their strengths and weaknesses. I literally have nothing to gain from posting anything on here.

But anyway I'll duck off. duck it.
Please don't leave us.

How will we know when to get angry about kids we pick/don't pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I post here to help others get a grasp of players in drafts and their strengths and weaknesses. I literally have nothing to gain from posting anything on here other than my love of footy and wanting others to benefit from some resources and knowledge I have.

It's been said many times before but I really do appreciate your input.

What about his kicking bothers you most? Is the problem with his kicking technique? Does he bite off more than he can chew? If he were told to take the easiest option sideways or down the line is he capable?

I think he looks good. Exactly what we need. Courage, pace and takes big grabs.

With regards to his kicking, I’ve got no idea, but he’s not going to be any worse than what we’ve got.

Could he improve his kicking in a professional environment? It’s not unreasonable to expect so.

So you face any dissenting opinions, not 100% balls in mouth brown nosing, and you crack the sads? Righto 😂

I can't see when we've had Kyron Hayden fighting out of his weight division (which I admire about him), and he's also an awful kick (which I don't), how this is a bad pick.

Most sides have 3 tall forwards, or 2 keys and a third medium (who Hayden normally goes too), considering Corr is not set for the 2 main ones normally, then McKay and Dawson should get them and Corr gets the 3rd. Also provides depth this year with McKay injured.

He can take the Corr route of back pocket chips or long down the line, rather than trying to switch it or center it to the edge of the center square like Hayden does. That'll negate any kicking.

defs has the build to play, if his kicking is an over reaction and he's alright he definitely the type of player we need. i only hope we dont use this as an excuse to not recruit tall at the national draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back