Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

That Giants numpty was going to have a crack. LOL. Jyza saved him from himself really.
Actually reminds me of when Cunners tapped Merrett last year and he went down as though shot.

Another * came in to fly the flag but Zurhaar got to him before he could get to Ben.

Little thug life things. Make no mistake, they make a difference.

Love everything about that clip. Zurhaar executes the bump perfectly, doesn't even look back GWS bloke trailing in thinks about flying the flag, Jy gets in his face and then my favourite part Jy turns around to Zurhaar laughing and hi-fives him for what he did. These boys love hurting the opposition.

Actually reminds me of when Cunners tapped Merrett last year and he went down as though shot.

Another * came in to fly the flag but Zurhaar got to him before he could get to Ben.

Little thug life things. Make no mistake, they make a difference.

I’ve never seen a player hurt so much from another player hitting the ball..

I’ve never seen a player hurt so much from another player hitting the ball..

It'd be funny except for the 5 minutes of pontificating from the commentary team about how Ben hadn't "learnt his lesson" from previous incidents. Literally punches the ball. FMD.

I love this!

IMHO - this clip really illustrates why myself and most of us feel so good about this group.

A. Zurhaar puts his body on the line skilfully and legally to hunt the opposition
B. Jy has his back the entire time, reading the play and seeing a threat
C. Jy shirt fronts the incoming 'threat'

and finally Jy laughs the guy like they are losers and they swagger like best mates.

Its a great sign of the culture in action - we talk about it all day but that clip is it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam might have a bit of Melanesian / Polynesian in his genes. Travelled round the islands a bit and some blokes there ( alot ) are just solid balls of muscle.

After playing rugby for a while here in NZ i can confirm that !
many the time Ive looked across the track to see who my opposition player was going to be and then re-confirming my will
Great athletes

Watching this guy's career unfold is must-see viewing. Feels like you're a part of something when he's chasing his potential.

I remember when he slotted a steadying goal from 50 in the 4th vs the hawks in the game when Higgo got knocked cold by Burton. It seemed to me then that this was a bloke who wanted the ball, wanted the moment. I've loved him ever since (it didn't hurt that he legally sent some hawks campaigner flying into the fence earlier that day too.)

After playing rugby for a while here in NZ i can confirm that !
many the time Ive looked across the track to see who my opposition player was going to be and then re-confirming my will
Great athletes

Yeh but they were looking straight back at you thinking "that's the kind of I guy I don't want to face off with in a tax audit".

"The Bull" has been "The Calf" in the last two matches, and we've lost by 11 & 4 points.

He's still very young in the scheme of things but can come across like a bloke who gets very comfortable with where he's at before having reality handed to him.

That said a good dose of cockiness is an important part of his game.

"The Bull" has been "The Calf" in the last two matches, and we've lost by 11 & 4 points.
Been told he's playing with a shoulder injury (ac joint sprain). You can see a white bandage on his right shoulder.

When he's on song you notice, it's a shame there wasn't more of that last night because his mark and goal in the final quarter was exactly what we needed and he knew he was gonna mark it when he called for it.

Outmarked McEvoy.

Playing as a forward against Clarksons crap zone isnt easy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back