Delisted #45 Hugo Hall-Kahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Good runner , good size with pace , good overhead mark with good skills . That's from someone involved in the very successful Dragons programs for many years and that's good enough for me
Sounds good Bedders.
I hope he repays us & lasts a full career at the Swans like Nick Smith & Reg Grundy for example.
Can't stand Newman.

Sounds good Bedders.
I hope he repays us & lasts a full career at the Swans like Nick Smith & Reg Grundy for example.
Can't stand Newman.
5dbdf849bcc0ec64eec953174ce30a91.jpeg

Our VFL side play on the MCG on Saturday. I wonder if that is too soon for him to play. Or whether he has to fly up to Sydney to do induction stuff whilst the rest of the squad flies to Melbourne.

It could make more sense to give him a few days in Melbourne to sort his life out. Then on Saturday play in the reserves at the MCG, watch the seniors play afterwards and then fly back to Sydney with the rest of the squad.
For sure meet the boys and watch the VFL game, then the seniors, but not play until he has some team training under his belt.

"and is lucky to touch the ball 8 times during a match"

(reading between the lines)

"impact per possession" is such a great feign.

Don't think there has ever been an "impact per possession" player that has not frustrated the hell out of the supporters.

afl.com says he’s a wingman.

Fox says he’s a half-forward.

Swans website says he’s a half-back.

Doing my head in.
Several of the reports have said half forward/half back, and able to play some games at full forward... haven't seen a wingman yet.

But in my view, regardless of what he is/was, I reckon the Swans have recruited him as a lock-down medium defender, in the Rampe-type mold.

I'd love to see him succeed, he has pace, endurance and a clear will to succeed! Will fit right in...

Don't think there has ever been an "impact per possession" player that has not frustrated the hell out of the supporters.
Won't matter if he's a lock down medium defender!

Nick Smith (avg 14.1) didn't have all that many possessions, but that didn't detract from his usefulness!

Really good kid, look forward to seeing how he goes.

The Gunston/Hayward comparisons are very accurate in comparison to body shape - and probably a similar position I would imagine… although as has been mentioned, can be quite flexible. High half forward with a decent tank would be his go.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Several of the reports have said half forward/half back, and able to play some games at full forward... haven't seen a wingman yet.

But in my view, regardless of what he is/was, I reckon the Swans have recruited him as a lock-down medium defender, in the Rampe-type mold.

I'd love to see him succeed, he has pace, endurance and a clear will to succeed! Will fit right in...
yep, very similar attributes to Rampe.. Height, weight, skill set.
he was also the youngest player drafted last night, which when combined with missing a lot of footy over the last few years with injury and covid,, could suggest hes got a lot of natural improvement in him. Last year Dalrymple said that they look for players that show a lot of improvement late.

Always excited about new draftees.. we'll see how he develops.

Yes let’s label him as a frustrating, low-possession player before he even pulls on the Sydney jumper.

This board really stays on brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes let’s label him as a frustrating, low-possession player before he even pulls on the Sydney jumper.

Aye. We should be on the upside. This kid looks like he can get over the disadvantages of crap pte schl. edn and the Lloyd.

I think he is basically the equivalent of a 3rd round pick. Missed a lot of youth football so still quite raw and will take a while to develop. But possibly a high upside with reasonable skills and athletic ability.

So I hope people give him a chance and don't immediately write him off.
I'm getting little tingles back to a third rounder a couple of years back who was pretty raw but very hard at it. Name of Warner.

That sounds fairly exciting.
Quicker than the Lizard, wowee.

See absolutely no reason why he couldn't play reserves this week (as others have wondered). It's VFL, we've had top ups and academy kids, fill ins last year at late notice - if he's fit, probably could do with a few extra days in Melbourne to sort out moving, bring him straight in.

Just balancing out the equally rubbish 'everyone in the draft is a superstar waiting to emerge' perspective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back