Retired # 5: Devon Smith - Hanging up the boots - Thanks for everything Devon! - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

From having s**t knees the only surgery that gets rid of the pain and problems is a full replacement. I don't think you would have much of a career after that.

I wonder if our so called game plan is keeping him out of the play somewhat as well

From having sh*t knees the only surgery that gets rid of the pain and problems is a full replacement. I don't think you would have much of a career after that.

I wonder if our so called game plan is keeping him out of the play somewhat as well

I think he is getting caught too much in between. He is a player we use to push up the contest and it seems to be affecting his forward craft.
He is certainly not finding as much of the ball.

hes actually got a pretty tidy oppo coming off that left back flank. glad to see him tackling better too

He just needed a rest, who knew

Shows that its physical and partly role.

I felt his ball use was excellent, just calmed us down around the ball coming out of a stoppage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started to turn it around in the last 1/4 against Gold Coast. Lost his way trying to go the man too much with clumsy attacks. Very good tonight.

Was great tonight. Maybe it’s a workload issue with him. Hopefully the club can start to develop some depth so crucial players can be given a week at different times. Next year and onwards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must have been watching a different game. Sure he got it a bit but looking very slow and the opposite of agile. Hope I'm wrong because like Smith, but it looked like the writing is on the wall for mine.

Was great tonight. Maybe it’s a workload issue with him. Hopefully the club can start to develop some depth so crucial players can be given a week at different times. Next year and onwards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Getting the feeling we are starting to say this about too many at Essendon.

Merrett looks good when recieving on the outside. Ditto Langford. Now Smith.

Who's next? Shiel
Merrett is your first receiver type. Play both roles

Trade/Deslit whatever. 2018 feels forever away, that player is long gone.

Just looks for cheap kicks (now taking kick outs?) which he routinely turns over uncontested resulting in goals.

Second quarter he watched Worpel and Bruest past for goals as well. At least 3 goals directly attributable to his dismal effort and skills in under 1.5 quarters.

This isn't the kid learning the ropes, hes a 150 game 'leader'

Edit: add the turnover in the middle of the ground as another goal prior to HT. 4 goals before the half just on Dev.
2nd edit: third quarter was the best of the game so far, didn't site Smith (did they give him the Old Yella?)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back