Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Titus O'Reily's a fan!

PICK 18. SYDNEY SWANS

Isaac Heeney (Cardiff)

H: 185cm W: 82kg

Isaac was built in the Sydney Academy using DNA from Paul Kelly and an actual swan.

This means he’s aggressive at the ball and mates for life.

PICK 1. ST KILDA

Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges)

H: 186cm W 92kg

Christian has worked hard all year and his reward is a career at St Kilda.

Life is a cruel mistress.

He may be the only draftee in the entire history of the draft to hope to slip to Melbourne.

Petracca is a damaging half forward/midfielder whose agent is already speaking to Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn. Geelong are favourites, which means he’s off to Hawthorn in three years.

Gold.

My favourites:

PICK 5. COLLINGWOOD

Jayden Laverde (Western Jets)

H: 189cm W: 82kg

Jayden is the perfect fit for Collingwood. Not necessarily in terms of football but due to having the name ‘Jayden.’

PICK 6. GWS GIANTS

Jordan De Goey (Oakleigh Chargers)

H: 187cm W: 82kg

De Goey was against going to GWS until he saw what Tom Boyd managed to achieve there.

Now, he’s trying to work out whether to get a Ferrari or an Aston Martin Vantage in 2016.

Isaac HEENEY Cardiff | 5/5/96 | H: 186cm | W: 84kg

The fact that Melbourne bid its No.2 pick on him is a true indication of Isaac’s quality. He is a highly competitive young man and can really find the footy. He’s come through the talent programs and academies here in NSW and it’s great that he’s got some reward and gets to the Swans. I’m sure he’ll develop into a high-end AFL player for a long period of time and is a player who I would compare to Nat Fyfe – he’s as good overhead as Fyfe as well. At JUNIOR LEVEL you could isolate him as a forward and he could jump over blokes. He will be a super player for a long time for the Swans. – NSW/ACT talent manager Darren Denneman.

Anything like Fyfe who imo is the best In the comp would be not bad at all but a little way to go yet , lets hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was with a prominent Recruiter from a top club the other day and he said Mills will be the pick of the bunch, can't wait for the sooking from 5 chins

Well both Mills and Keayes look good gets for the academy. Still a year out yet so we shall see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot remember the last time i have been this excited by a new draftee.

Even more up for Callum but I can't wait. Proud the be a Swans fan. Yes I said it lol

I imagine Heeney is so physically developed competitive because he's had to spend a lot of time belting kids who've made jokes about his mum.

There was a kid at my high school with a hot mum, but he was small and weedy so it was very easy to bully him about it.

And yet you still took advantage of his small frame to physically and mentally torment him.

Your jib, I like the cut of it.

The 20 young guns that could make an impact in 2015 ( HUN )
3. ISAAC HEENEY (Sydney Swans), 18
H: 186cm W: 82kg
Drafted: No.18, 2014 national draft (academy selection)

The steal of the draft could have gone No.1 on the open market with Melbourne bidding the second selection for him. Heeney is the complete midfield package, averaging 27 disposals (16 contested), six clearances, eight tackles and 139 SuperCoach points for NSW. The Swans are a formidable side but Heeney has already played six nice games in the reserves and is ready to slot straight onto a flank.

Isaac Heeney was rated as a top three draft pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back